Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need a cart, trolley, case (something??) for Bernina 770 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-cart-trolley-case-something-bernina-770-a-t299947.html)

StephanieR 10-02-2018 08:56 AM

I need a cart, trolley, case (something??) for Bernina 770

Hi, I'm re-entering the world of quilting and gifted myself a Bernina 770 QE. I'm joining a guild and I'd like to start taking classes to oil my very rusted skills. So, I'd like to find a way to transport my machine. What have you found to be the best way to safely take your machine out of the house and isn't going to break the bank at the same time? The one I saw from Bernina was $400 and I really don't want to spend that kind of money right now since my first grandchild is on the way and I'll be spending a lot of money on plane fares.

Thanks!

Watson 10-02-2018 09:03 AM

I don't know how big the machine is but some people have had good luck with a tool box on wheels that they found at Harbor Freight, if it isn't too big.

Watson

PS...maybe someone else will chime in because I can't find it on their website.

tranum 10-02-2018 09:22 AM

I got mine at Joanne’s Fabric - 40% off with coupon.

Terry in the ADK 10-02-2018 09:28 AM

First congratulations on your coming grandbaby!
Not sure what you paid for the 770 but i’m Pretty sure your bank is already broken sooooo don’t try to transport it in something not meant to take the weight and size. Where did you get the machine? Sometimes the dealer will give you a deal n the case. Also should you need to repair it, being able to say you carried it in the appropriate case helps with any warrantee.
All this being said, I bought a Toto from the JoAnns on line for about $125. And I think that might work. It’s considered a good sturdy case.
Enjoy your sewing for your grandbaby!

cashs_mom 10-02-2018 11:38 AM

I have 2 Tutto bags and really like them. My only complaint is that there isn't any padding for the machine. I usually pad mine with the fabric I'm taking to the class and sometimes a quilt. They are a bit pricey but you can find them on sale if you watch for them. Massdrop had a deal on some when I got my small one for my FW.

The really awesome thing about the Tutto is the way the wheels turn as you go around corners. It rolls better than any bag I've ever had.

Watson 10-02-2018 11:49 AM

Tutto bags are really the way to go if you can swing it. I love mine but I got a smoking good deal on it as a friend found it in an old barn!
Amazon has the monster size on sale right now for $199.00.

Watson

Grannies G 10-02-2018 12:41 PM

Tutor hands down. My machine has only been in it a couple of times. But it is our go to luggage for travel. Super easy to spot. I used mine extensively when doing quilt shows. It was my rolling office held laptop, receipt printer. Small DVD player and all the cords etc. very well made and rolls like a dream. Just don’t get it any bigger than you need for your machine. Easy to load so heavy you can’t lift it. Also they fold flat. Good luck

gingerd 10-02-2018 03:25 PM

I have the Tutto also. I love it. I can get my machine and stuff inside of it. I also purchased I think it's their embroidery tote. I put that one on top with other supplies in it when I go to retreats.

GEMRM 10-02-2018 03:34 PM

Whichever you end up buying - a point to consider - if you have to roll it across gravel or uneven pavement either at home or where you usually go to quilt/sew, small wheels do not do well on gravel.
If this isn't a factor, then wheel size doesn't matter.
I do use the seatbelt to fasten my machine in if I'm putting it in the back seat as if there is an accident, they can become a lethal projectile.
Enjoy!

Barb in Louisiana 10-02-2018 03:37 PM

Some have used rolling suitcases to carry their machines in. I don't typically take my good machine to a class. I take a small, inexpensive Brother that I got at Walmart. I have a small carry cover that I put on a trolly to move it and my "stuff" in and out of the classes. The exception is if it was an embroidery class, then I put the Big Brother in a large serger bag that I pad with fabric, thread and anything else I think I have to take.