Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need help ? Bailey's Home Quilter pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-help-baileys-home-quilter-pictures-t80190.html)

kristen0112 12-02-2010 03:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am having trouble with the tension. It's set to what is recommended. I have tried going up and going down. I've threaded and re-threaded. I have changed bobbins. But it's still pulling up from underneath.

quilt top - threads being pulled up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137361[/ATTACH]

Sadiemae 12-02-2010 03:21 PM

Is your photo a picture of the top or botton?

If it is the top, you probably need to adjust the tension of your bobbin.

If it is the bottom, you probably need to adjust the tension on the top.

kristen0112 12-02-2010 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Is your photo a picture of the top or botton?

If it is the top, you probably need to adjust the tension of your bobbin.

If it is the bottom, you probably need to adjust the tension on the top.

It's the top of the quilt on the frame. The thread is being pulled up. I have tried adjusting the bobbin thread up and down (raising the number and lowering it). Is there another place to adjust the tension I am not aware of?

Sadiemae 12-02-2010 03:47 PM

I dont' know your machine, but most longarm machines can be adjusted using the bobbin case itself. I loosen or tighten the screw on my bobbin case with a small screwdriver. Only adjust it a tiny bit though at a time.

crashnquilt 12-02-2010 03:49 PM

If you need to adjust bobbin tension, there is a screw on the bobbin case to turn to tighten and loosen.

Hold the bobbin case with thread loaded in case in your hand. Pick up the free thread, the case should stand up in your hand, lift a bit and crawl down a bit. Like a spider on a web. If it flow freely, you need to tighten the screw on the bobbin case. You may have 2 screws on the bobbin case, you will want to turn the larger screw. Also, make sure your bobbin thread is indeed under the spring metal tensioner securely.

Unless you are using a slick thread like rayon or silk, I don't think you tension should be quite so high on the needle.

If you have just unpacked this machine, double check that you don't have any dust or lint lurking about.

If you have the machine on a frame, you may be moving the machine head too fast for the speed of the machine. Also, you may have the quilt too tight on the frame.

Hope this helps, and keep us posted on your progress.

Sadiemae 12-02-2010 03:54 PM

I sent you a PM that might help. Good Luck!

blue10moon9 12-02-2010 04:01 PM

You've probably tried this but is your bobbin seated in the cradle properly?

kristen0112 12-02-2010 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by crashnquilt
If you need to adjust bobbin tension, there is a screw on the bobbin case to turn to tighten and loosen.

Hold the bobbin case with thread loaded in case in your hand. Pick up the free thread, the case should stand up in your hand, lift a bit and crawl down a bit. Like a spider on a web. If it flow freely, you need to tighten the screw on the bobbin case. You may have 2 screws on the bobbin case, you will want to turn the larger screw. Also, make sure your bobbin thread is indeed under the spring metal tensioner securely.

Unless you are using a slick thread like rayon or silk, I don't think you tension should be quite so high on the needle.

If you have just unpacked this machine, double check that you don't have any dust or lint lurking about.

If you have the machine on a frame, you may be moving the machine head too fast for the speed of the machine. Also, you may have the quilt too tight on the frame.

Hope this helps, and keep us posted on your progress.

THANK YOU THANK YOU! So much. I will go try this now and let you know.

irishrose 12-02-2010 04:32 PM

It also looks like your top thread is too tight. Tighten the bobbin a bit and loosen the top tension a bit and see what happens.

kristen0112 12-02-2010 05:49 PM

Tightening the bobbin case worked!