Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need help with Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-help-machine-embroidery-t230302.html)

Pete 09-15-2013 01:44 PM

I need help with Machine Embroidery

Help! Is there a good site that would tell me how to load an embroidery disc to the computer and then to a USB stick? I have all these programs I have been buying and don't know waht to do with them. Thanks!

dbright 09-15-2013 02:12 PM

Go to computer an click on D. This will open your disc. Hi light your designs ,right click and send to a file in c drive. From c drive you can send to stick that will be E.

Shorebird 09-15-2013 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 6295596)
Help! Is there a good site that would tell me how to load an embroidery disc to the computer and then to a USB stick? I have all these programs I have been buying and don't know waht to do with them. Thanks!

I got a program that organizes my designs (sometimes trying to find them is a REAL PAIN!!

I have the 5D professional software system, and within that application there is 5D organizer - and I can store my designs in that section........so when I download a design, I save it (temporarily) to my desktop. I then copy that file, and paste it into the folder (in my case 5D organizer sub folder) where I store my designs on my C drive...........then - once I have confirmed the entire design and any related pdf files for instructions have copied over, I delete the file from my desktop. When I need to transfer the design to my machine, I locate the design file in that 5D organizer sub folder, right click to copy, then I select the drive for the USB stick (generally the E drive) and paste the design into the USB stick............NOTE - the computerized embroidery machines DO NOT LIKE USB sticks that are larger than 2G of storage.......and try not to get the ones that have pre-loaded stuff like SCANDISC..........they confuse the heck out of the machines from time to time..........

Sure hope this helps.........feel free to PM me if you like...........I do a lot of machine embroidery......

Dolphyngyrl 09-15-2013 05:01 PM

You put disc in select copy designs you want in your format put Zip drive in open it and click paste and you designs will write ti zip. Organizing can be time consuming. I even have my zips organized. I have my in the hoop, FSL, appliqués, fonts, baby, general designs, and my quilting designs Zip drives.

davis2se 09-16-2013 04:40 AM

Good luck. About 2 years ago I purchased the Designer's Gallery program, and I STILL have a terrible time trying to organize my files. I am pretty computer program proficient, but for some reason that one just stymies me. I've even gone to a quilt shop an paid the owner for a one hour lesson - cost me $50 bucks and just didn't help much at all. If anyone out there has any ideas on how to get up to speed on this program I'd sure be happy to hear them.

Weezy Rider 09-16-2013 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by davis2se (Post 6296633)
Good luck. About 2 years ago I purchased the Designer's Gallery program, and I STILL have a terrible time trying to organize my files. I am pretty computer program proficient, but for some reason that one just stymies me. I've even gone to a quilt shop an paid the owner for a one hour lesson - cost me $50 bucks and just didn't help much at all. If anyone out there has any ideas on how to get up to speed on this program I'd sure be happy to hear them.

First thing - never SAVE, always do SAVE AS. Then you will get a choice of directory, and file format. Otherwise Gallery saves in its own directory. You can also select which file format to save by holding down ctrl and clicking.
If you only use PES files, hold control and select all the PES files, and save them to the directory you want.
I leave them all open. I can use PES files on my Pfaff, but sometimes will save as VIP, VIP3, and Viking's old HUS.
I have to select which PES version, too since I am using a Pfaff.

NanaCsews2 09-16-2013 06:49 AM

Maybe your answer is here?

http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Help.aspx

<cite>www.anitagoodesignonline.com/wp.../10/How-to-Open-a-Design.pdf</cite>

Pete 09-17-2013 06:05 AM

OOOh the Anita Gooddesign site looks Good! I will try it this PM. Wish me luck!!!!! Considering I have oodles of their designs, it better.

Katiedid2 09-17-2013 02:45 PM

what machine r u using? what software program.... I have 3 different embroidery machines and 3 different programs so maybe I could help.

Pete 09-18-2013 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Katiedid2 (Post 6299675)
what machine r u using? what software program.... I have 3 different embroidery machines and 3 different programs so maybe I could help.

I have a Bernina 640E -- what is a software program...I guess none? Told you I was illiterate!