Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need help from my colour coordinators LOL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-help-my-colour-coordinators-lol-t275819.html)

piker6ca 02-17-2016 07:58 AM

I need help from my colour coordinators LOL

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone

I,m looking for ideas for the strips in between each block .
I tried some thing new and quilted the blocks as i made them .
Now i,m not sure what colour to bind them all together with .
Was thinking the yellow or the black but does not look right to me .
Thank goodness you are here to help me out and thanks
Tom

joyce blint 02-17-2016 08:08 AM

I like the black. It really highlights the colors in the block.

LTeachergeorge 02-17-2016 08:12 AM

How about a purple a little darker than the background? I do like the way the black makes it pop.

Linda in Missouri

Luv Quilts and Cats 02-17-2016 08:13 AM

I know this is not given as a choice, but I would go with Orange or purple or red. I feel the black is too stark and the yellow doesn't pop enough. Sorry! :) Can't wait to see what you choose and when the quilt is done. have fun!

yngldy 02-17-2016 08:13 AM

Love your quilt! I like the black. The yellow brings out all the yellow in the blocks, so that is what you see. You lose the design in the stars.

Monale 02-17-2016 08:27 AM

I agree that the black is too strong and the yellow is blending too much with the yellow from the blocks. Try one of the other colours from your blocks: maybe red, purple or green?

Boston1954 02-17-2016 08:28 AM

The black makes the colors really stand out in the blocks. I would go with that.

piker6ca 02-17-2016 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats (Post 7468317)
I know this is not given as a choice, but I would go with Orange or purple or red. I feel the black is too stark and the yellow doesn't pop enough. Sorry! :) Can't wait to see what you choose and when the quilt is done. have fun!

The red does really pop it out.
But maybe to much .

Judith1005 02-17-2016 08:32 AM

I guess I'm the odd woman out. I really like the yellow. Although, it does really make the yellow in all the blocks stand out.

If you want to go not so stark as the black....What about dark blue. Of course, I suggest that because the background fabric is reading blue on my computer. If it is really lavender, What about a darker coordinating purple as the sashing that way you don't loose the stars.

Sorry, we were posting at the same time. NOT a fan of the red camp. :o

piker6ca 02-17-2016 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 7468341)
I guess I'm the odd woman out. I really like the yellow. Although, it does really make the yellow in all the blocks stand out.

If you want to go not so stark as the black....What about dark blue. Of course, I suggest that because the background fabric is reading blue on my computer. If it is really lavender, What about a darker coordinating purple as the sashing that way you don't loose the stars.

Sorry, we were posting at the same time. NOT a fan of the red camp. :o

The picture is not right on . It,s a grey with a black pattern on it