Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need help please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-help-please-t220820.html)

Lilrain 05-05-2013 09:50 PM

That is a great tutorial. Something I might, add, is I try to make sure my quilts are totally square and flat before adding the binding. really hard to get problems taken care of after the binding is on. Not sure why if yours lies flat and is totally square it hangs like it is, but it is a beautiful quilt.

CindyA 05-05-2013 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lilrain (Post 6047131)
That is a great tutorial. Something I might, add, is I try to make sure my quilts are totally square and flat before adding the binding. really hard to get problems taken care of after the binding is on. Not sure why if yours lies flat and is totally square it hangs like it is, but it is a beautiful quilt.

I agree, it's probably harder to remedy things after the binding is on. I'm very particular about my quilts hanging straight and square. But if you can't get it to hang striaght, put it in the show anyway. It's happened to everyone at some time and your quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!

Anael 05-06-2013 12:31 AM

Your quilt is stunning!
I've seen a quilt with a sleeve on the bottom of the quilt also , quite broad for a piece of wood to keep it hanging straight. Maybe you can try that?

JustAbitCrazy 05-06-2013 02:37 AM

I would try blocking the quilt, but I don't really think there's anything wrong with the quilt, because I've seen a lot of quilts at shows and most of them hang with a few ripples. The quilt is gorgeous. Congratulations and good luck!

DOTTYMO 05-06-2013 03:02 AM

The quilt is absolutely beautiful . How about weighting the bottom corner wedding dress stuff.

nunnyJo 05-06-2013 04:17 AM

your quilt is so beautiful and I am sure the hanging is what is pulling it.

dunster 05-06-2013 04:54 AM

That is one gorgeous quilt!!! Since it is square, is it possible that putting the sleeve on a different side would result in a better hang? Sounds silly, but it might work.

patmadrid 05-06-2013 07:40 AM

I want to thank everyone for your kind comments about my quilt. I forgot to mention that the pattern is call Glacier Star by Judy Niemeyer and the class was taught by Eileen Eurbanek in Arlington Texas. She is a great teacher. I appreciate all the ideas and links for blocking. I especially like the laser light one. But DUNSTER, I think you are a genius... who would have thought that turning the quilt one quarter turn would make such a difference. I sure didn't, but it worked. Thank you Thank you Thank you. I will let you know if it wins a ribbon after the quilt show this weekend.

2blackcats 05-06-2013 07:54 AM

WOW, your quilt is beautiful - Best of Luck in the show.

bearisgray 05-06-2013 11:12 AM

Spectacular quilt! Who would have thought that turning it 90 degrees would fix it? Glad it worked for you.