Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need help! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-help-t27913.html)

earthwalker 10-30-2009 04:04 PM

All the love that goes into the stitching negates any perceived flaws....that's the magic of quilting!

diannemc 10-30-2009 04:19 PM

I just did the same thing...once it is quilted it won't matter..don't worry!

Charlee 10-30-2009 04:34 PM

Call it your "God Block"... many Amish quilts of old have blatant mistakes in them...done on purpose, with the reasoning that "Only God is perfect" and to make a "perfect" quilt would be competing with God....

:) I'm sure it's beautiful!

kapatt 10-30-2009 04:59 PM

That happens to me a lot on this one quilt that I'm making. There is very little difference and it is only under an ott light that I can tell which side is the right side. If your quilt is like that, I wouldn't let it bother me.

If it is, I like the idea (if possible) of quilting it so that no-one will notice.

laughing at myself...when I made the flying geese block on the URR, I goofed at the last minute and ended up having the geese in one part of the block flying out of the block instead of around the block. (That is not the way it is suppose to go.)
I realized this after the whole block was put together and I had trimmed the block. Looking at the block, I started laughing...since the block made me laugh I decided not to change it. From here on out, I will look at that quilt and laugh... You can't beat that.

kapatt 10-30-2009 05:01 PM

[You should be able to quilt equally well in all directions. I had to really work on this one. It was difficult to make my forward stitching look as bad as my backward stitching, but closing my eyes helped. ]

Oh my gosh...that paragraph has me in stitches. I'll have to try it!
:lol:

Momwood 10-30-2009 05:40 PM

Thanks for all the encouraging words and I will try to post a picture of it when I get it finished! If I can figure that out. :wink: :wink:

isnthatodd 10-30-2009 05:41 PM

We are most often our own worst critics. I agree with the others that no one else will even notice. The quilt will be used and loved and treasured. And besides, given that it's a baby quilt, in about 2 weeks there will be something to cover up the square anyway!!!!!!!

OmaForFour 10-31-2009 05:50 AM

Since you say it is right in the middle, do you mean the middle of the quilt or the first row?
Either way I would leave it and do the child's initials in that square. It won't be noticeable if you make them big enough. It will look like you meant to have the initials there.
Don't cry! There is a Chinese proverb that says every project must have an error of some kind so as not to insult the gods who are perfect.

Marie

mjsylvstr 10-31-2009 08:18 AM

Just to let you know and it might just make you feel better, knowing that you are not alone.

I spent most of the morning reading through the threads and finally got myself away from the computer and to the machine.

I am doing PP so you realize the teeny-tiny pieces of fabric and the
teenier-tiny stitches that I am using...

WELL..I just sewed #3 onto #2..and they are white-on-white.........
you guessed it....#3 was the wrong side and #2 was the right........

Enough said......I'm trying to be a lady !!!!!!!....MaryJane

ConnieF 10-31-2009 08:49 AM

HI Momwood,
I purposley flip a fab somewhere in my quilts.... No one is perfect but God, so I know I can't do a perfect quilt so I do not try LOL
I would just leave it. I am sure it will be just fine....
Bless you and many more happy quilting to you
Connie