Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-help-t314883.html)

Rhonda K 03-25-2021 03:15 PM

Hit the escape key on the keyboard.

Or try Control-Alt-Delete all at the same time. Task Manager will come up. You should be able to close the window.
Or hit control and the minus key.

Or look in the web site address and change the % size to something smaller.

You have probably enlarged the web page too large.

geevee 03-25-2021 03:18 PM

You don't have the -, a box (for full screen) and an X in the upper most right corner of Chrome?

It's either the Control or Alt button to press and use the up arrow I think, it's been so long since I've used that method.

Stitchnripper 03-25-2021 03:26 PM

I’m guessing you already tried rebooting?

Jingle 03-25-2021 03:36 PM

I will reboot now. Thanks everyone.

Sharongn 03-25-2021 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 8471186)
The one I remember being posted on here. You hold down a button and push the up arrow on your keyboard. The button is the one I can't remember. I had to reset my windows computer and this is messed up.

Hi Jingle, i believe you want the "control" key. Hold that button down and hit your up arrow to enlarge the page size. Do the same and the down arrow to make the screen size smaller.

OurWorkbench 03-25-2021 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sharongn (Post 8471199)
Hi Jingle, i believe you want the "control" key. Hold that button down and hit your up arrow to enlarge the page size. Do the same and the down arrow to make the screen size smaller.

On my Windows machines, it is the "control" "or "ctrl" key and the "+" or "-" keys. It can be either the ones on the numeric key pad or the top row of keys to the right of the numbers.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

thepolyparrot 03-25-2021 06:29 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I have to enlarge the page to read it.

If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse, hold down the control key and push the top of the wheel away from you to zoom in and make everything on the page bigger.

CTRL + pulling the scroll wheel back zooms back out.

mermaid 03-26-2021 01:50 AM

thepolyparrot's description is exactly how I enlarge my screen..or decrease. Often used as well to trace something on the monitor screen. Of course, I use a computer mouse..not sure how it's done with laptop.

janiebakes 03-26-2021 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid (Post 8471231)
thepolyparrot's description is exactly how I enlarge my screen..or decrease. Often used as well to trace something on the monitor screen. Of course, I use a computer mouse..not sure how it's done with laptop.

It is done the same on a laptop.

Jingle 03-27-2021 02:34 PM

Thanks everyone. What worked was my desktop was set too large, when I reduced it it all works as it should.

Thanks for all the help everyone.