Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I Spy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-spy-t183677.html)

fmhall2 03-22-2012 09:50 AM

I Spy?

I am a sewing and quilting teacher. I have a student who has 5 chillin from ages 6 mo to 7 years, both boys and girls. We were talking today and I think she would like an I Spy quilt to help the middle girl with some developmental problems. I have lots of fabric for quilts, but nothing that would be suitable for an I Spy quilt. I think the 5" squares would work well, and I need ideas for designing an interesting one. Does anyone know if there are any fabric companies who have charm packs of just I spy fabric? I am retired and all of my teaching is in the form of a ministry (no charge) and can't afford to buy even 1/8 yd of that many fabrics, so need just the 5" charm squares. If any of you can tell me where I could get 1 or 2 five in. packets of I spy fabric I would be forever in your graces. They can be both male and female related. Thanks loads. Margie

dakotamaid 03-22-2012 09:56 AM

I have lots of appropriate fabric for I spy quilts. I will be home on the 30th if you can wait that long. Send me a PM to remind me and your address. Dawne/dakotamaid

Karenowc 03-22-2012 10:01 AM

I have a few I can cut up and send you. PM me your address.

gramajo 03-22-2012 10:09 AM

www.keepsakequilting.com has a "Kids' Delight" charm pack available of 50 pieces of charms for $13.99, if mom can afford it. A free pattern for 30" X 39" quilt is included.

MadQuilter 03-22-2012 10:27 AM

Send me your addy. I have some 5" kid-friendly charms I can send.

Monroe 03-22-2012 01:15 PM

I have plenty- much is precut into 6 1/2" squares, but I'm willing to cut some of whatever you'd like. MaryQuilts.com has some free cute I Spy patterns called Happy Blocks. I frequently make an easy pattern- different 6 1/2" squares alternating with 4 patches that are all the same, then add a border and bind with multicolored striped bias fabric. I Spy's are great to engage children in conversation, can be used for learning colors, matching, and story telling, and wonderful for speech therapy! PM me and I'll get some out to you by Monday if not sooner. Is there anything special she really likes- Princesses, Mermaids, cats, stars, etc? I'd love to help!

auntpiggylpn 03-22-2012 04:01 PM

I can send some. sending you a pm!

deedum 03-22-2012 04:57 PM

me too. just pm me yr addy

alfosa421 03-22-2012 05:02 PM

I have a panel the is cars and trucks I think it ws meant to be a book If you are interested PM me and I will send it to you. I just finished an eye spy quilt made from a panel but I don't remember where I got it from. There is a big quilt show here next week I will keep an eye out for you if nothing else comes through.

joyce888 03-22-2012 05:45 PM

I have some for you. Send me a PM with your address.