Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I still have trouble (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-still-have-trouble-t82319.html)

QuilterGary 12-12-2010 10:54 AM

I am MAD. I took my new Smarter by Pfaff to the shop Sat. for some ajustments. Got everything working great put the machine in the car brought it home. Sun it is snowing 40+ mile per hour wind a great day to sew. I plug in my new machine have it ready to go, I turn the switch and nothing nada nothing no hum no lite nothing. I check everyting plug good no CB to be found check eveything again nothing DW checks nothing. It will be next Sat before I can get back to the repair shop. $1500.00 for new machine and I am pieceing with my 1949 FW. Almost as old as I am, I have a $50 White sitting in the corner that at least works. Maybe after I get the bugs worked out I will have no more problems. DW did not want me to get a computerized machine in the first place so no use telling her.lol

erstan947 12-12-2010 10:58 AM

I feel your pain.

Aunt Retta 12-12-2010 11:00 AM

That is so frustrating!

mrspete 12-12-2010 11:02 AM

Hope it is under warranty.....call the 800 for tech help, better yet, have them replace it! wishing you well

Blessings,
Ruth

Sadiemae 12-12-2010 11:04 AM

So sorry... Hope it works out.

KathyAire 12-12-2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterGary
DW did not want me to get a computerized machine in the first place so no use telling her.lol

Smart Man.............
Seriously, sorry for your machine troubles. Be thankful that you have backups. It is frustrating to have new equipment and have bugs.

Shelbie 12-12-2010 12:28 PM

Do you have it plugged into a serge protector? My serge protector partially blew (unknown to me). It still was able to supply enough power to turn on the light but the rest of the machine was dead. Once the serge protector was replaced, no more problems. It took a couple of trips (very annoying) back and forth to the dealer to realize that it wasn't a machine problem. Hope you get back to stitching on your new machine soon.

gale 12-12-2010 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire

DW did not want me to get a computerized machine in the first place so no use telling her.lol

Smart Man.............
Seriously, sorry for your machine troubles. Be thankful that you have backups. It is frustrating to have new equipment and have bugs.

QuilterGary's DW is a lady. :thumbup:

KathyAire 12-12-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by gale

Originally Posted by KathyAire

Smart Man.............

QuilterGary's DW is a lady. :thumbup:

I know that Gary's DW is a lady. Gary is a smart man for not telling her his problems when she told him not to do it to start with....................

:roll:

emmamarie 12-12-2010 01:05 PM

not only is Gary's D W a lady but she" smart too!!!