Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I test drove a longarm and I loved it!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-test-drove-longarm-i-loved-t105385.html)

#1piecemaker 03-06-2011 07:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
While I was at the quilt show they had one of these babies set up. I got to take her for a spin. I could only look this go around but hopefully next time, I'll have a check in hand!!

erstan947 03-06-2011 07:07 AM

I can only dream:)

bjeriann 03-06-2011 07:08 AM

Lucky you, I wish there was a quilt show close to me. I want to test drive a longarm so bad.

dgmoby 03-06-2011 07:16 AM

Aren't they fun? I always thought that nothing would be better or more fun than piecing a quilt...until I got a longarm! Now, quilting is my favorite part.

I only piece to be able to have something to quilt...and I wouldn't have believed it if someone would've told me I'd love quilting more than piecing! I even buy tops off ebay because I quilt faster than I piece! Can't keep up with myself! LOL!

But boy, is it fun!
Debbie in Austin

justwannaquilt 03-06-2011 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
Lucky you, I wish there was a quilt show close to me. I want to test drive a longarm so bad.

Me too. I cant even find info on one in St. Louis! I have the funds just don't know where to go to find one other than online! No fun. :(

EIQuilter 03-06-2011 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt

Originally Posted by bjeriann

Me too. I cant even find info on one in St. Louis! I have the funds just don't know where to go to find one other than online! No fun. :(

Are you up for a short road trip? I believe A-1 is in Springfield, APQS is in Des Moines, and Nolting is in the Cedar Rapids, IA area. I'm not recommending them over others, I just knew they were within about a 6-hour or less drive.

Another option is to go to the various longarm manufacturers' Web sites to search for a dealer - there might be someone fairly close by.

If you could visit the AQS show in Des Moines in October, you'd have a chance to try them all. I went last year, and I think just about every manufacturer - even some I hadn't heard of - was there and the machines were set up and ready to play.

maryb119 03-06-2011 08:53 AM

My mom has a Nolting and they are great machines. The factory is in Hiawatha, Iowa next to Cedar Rapids. They are great there for service and lessons and what ever else you need. I have used my mom's Nolting long arm and I think it's a well made machine.

suebee 03-06-2011 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
While I was at the quilt show they had one of these babies set up. I got to take her for a spin. I could only look this go around but hopefully next time, I'll have a check in hand!!

so...how much was this set up?? I want one so bad I can taste it!! LOL

#1piecemaker 03-08-2011 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by suebee

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker

so...how much was this set up?? I want one so bad I can taste it!! LOL

about 14,000
Ohhhhh, it was so nice. and you could guide it with one finger!!!!

#1piecemaker 03-08-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by dgmoby
Aren't they fun? I always thought that nothing would be better or more fun than piecing a quilt...until I got a longarm! Now, quilting is my favorite part.

I only piece to be able to have something to quilt...and I wouldn't have believed it if someone would've told me I'd love quilting more than piecing! I even buy tops off ebay because I quilt faster than I piece! Can't keep up with myself! LOL!

But boy, is it fun!
Debbie in Austin

I'm just the opposite. I've got a lot of tops and nothing to quilt them on. But, someday I will.