Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I think there are Bunnies in my fabric! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-think-there-bunnies-my-fabric-t139262.html)

LovinMySoldier 07-21-2011 11:27 AM

Help! I think there are bunnies in my fabric! It is producing like crazy. Every time I turn around I am finding more fabric tucked somewhere in my house or in my truck. . . Surely the bunnies have taught the fabric how to mass produce :)

I bought an armoire the first of the summer. And now it is stuffed full. Where is it all coming from? Surely the bunnies, right? :) I have 2 quilts that I am working on. And I wont start another one until those two are finished. I also make and sell a lot of bags. I swear I am only buying enough fabric to make each bag that is already pre sold. The bag gets made immediately and leaves. I put all the scraps in a flat rate box and even that is overflowing LOL. Guess it is time to sell the box.

LOL having excess fabric makes me a little nervous. Well a lot! I like having control and order. I honestly thought that I was only buying fabric when I needed it. I'm not big on having a huge stash. I dont want to to spend all the extra money on fabric that I might not end up using. Or using years and years later. And being an army wife I don't want too much to lug around the next time we move LOL.
Anyone else trying to keep the stash bunnies pinned in before things get out of control? Or are you encouraging them to run free?!?

GagaSmith 07-21-2011 11:40 AM

I try to keep them under control but sometimes they have a mind of their own.

bluteddi 07-21-2011 11:50 AM

if I had bunnies I'd welcome them.... I never seem to have enough fabric.....

llcathey 07-21-2011 12:09 PM

Living in a 5th wheel well I don't have much choice, I buy as I need, well kinda of the bunnies have filled two plastic container's,,,,:0

hobo2000 07-21-2011 12:13 PM

I have a different problem, someone keeps putting fabric in my give away box, that I have to find a take out. Six months ago, I hated all of this fabric and boxed it up to give away. It is almost empty. It changed while I wasn't looking into things I like, I guess. Strange!

Maia B 07-21-2011 12:54 PM

Um, I have bunnies, and all they do with my FMQ practice pieces is chew and pee on them. The rabbit pen is where bad quilts go to die in the worst way. So I think your stash situation is more of a space-time continuum phenomenon, like a portal to the remnant bin of some LQS somewhere or a worm hole to the stash of a hardcore fabriholic. She buys it and puts it away and zhooooop!, it's sucked into your stash. Hey, maybe your stash is where all the fabric that "I know I had some of" is going! Or maybe you are just buying fabric when you are asleep or blacked out...check your card activity.

TonnieLoree 07-21-2011 01:01 PM

If you find a spare male and female, please send me a set. I recently added another set of shelves, and they seem sparse in comparison. :-)

Jim 07-21-2011 01:28 PM

with the price of cotton I welcome the bunnies...send them my way

rivka 07-21-2011 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jim
with the price of cotton I welcome the bunnies...send them my way

Yeah, I wouldn't mind fabric that reproduced itself :)

lscho4jm 07-21-2011 01:56 PM

The only bunnies fornicating in my house are the dust bunnies. :roll: