Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I trust your opinion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-trust-your-opinion-t273454.html)

fallonquilter 12-18-2015 06:15 PM

I trust your opinion

Husband just shocked me -said he was going to purchase a INNOVA sit down quilting machine for me if I want it as a Chirstmas present. I make tons of quilts each year and it's a hard with just a regular sewing machine to do all this quilting. 3 of my friends purchased this machine and love it. But 2 of them have only used it a couple of times. I know I would use my to death. Does anyone have any input on these machines- good or bad before we purchase. Thanks so much.

<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/8dc24c97/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

KarenR 12-18-2015 06:36 PM

What a wonderful gift.

Prism99 12-18-2015 06:43 PM

Innova has a great reputation for both frame and sit down models.

nanibi 12-18-2015 06:50 PM

Given that your friends have machines--why not try or more one of them at some length so you know how it works for you. Will you husband give you a little time for this before deciding?

Jim's Gem 12-18-2015 10:23 PM

Oh Wow!!! I want one of those big time. I think I would faint if my DH said that to me. What a wonderful gift!!!

ckcowl 12-19-2015 03:13 AM

I would recommend you trying one out before he makes that large purchase. Some people love the process, some find they hate it. It's a pretty big deal if you decide you don't like it.

fallonquilter 12-19-2015 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by nanibi (Post 7407508)
Given that your friends have machines--why not try or more one of them at some length so you know how it works for you. Will you husband give you a little time for this before deciding?

Yes I will be trying out her machine 1st. thank you! Just wanted to know what others think and if there were any problems with them.

<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/8dc24c97/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

BETTY62 12-19-2015 05:02 AM

Congratulations. What an awesome gift.

coffeecozy 12-19-2015 05:23 AM

That would be a wonderful gift. The innova machines seem to be very well liked.
I would be sure to go and try one and to try any other sit down machines to have a comparison though. I went back and forth between the innova and the sweet sixteen and found that I was just happier working on the sixteen.
One big difference was having the ability to use a foot pedal on the sixteen (I have the stitch regulator and didn't need it at all after a short time) . the sixteen also seemed quieter.

lyndaj 12-19-2015 05:23 AM

Your husband is DEFINITELY a keeper! Before I buy anything, I google reviews of that item. You definitely want to look for reviews separate to any testimonials that might be on the manufacturers site. Best of luck.