Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I went to my first quilt guild meeting and it was ... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-went-my-first-quilt-guild-meeting-t248198.html)

Butterfli19 06-09-2014 06:05 PM

I went to my first quilt guild meeting and it was ...

...a blast! It's a small guild, 30 members and a little over half were there. All women mostly my age and up, and so funny, omg, they were such a fun bunch of women!

There's an agenda, 3 drawings - one for the fat qtr theme of the month, one for 2-1/2" strips, and one you toss your fabric name tag in the basket and they draw and the winner gets a sewing prize. The other two are whoever can brings in a fat quarter and/or the strips, they put them in the baskets and pick out names from who contributed. They had refreshments, show and tell, ideas for upcoming meetings, the next meeting agenda, talked about a few planned trips, and other things.

Most have been quilting "forever", a few less than 5 years, all in different stages of WIPs and projects. I had such a good time. We talked fabric and sales and binding and projects and it felt so good to not get the eye roll! lol

I'm so happy I went, it was great for motivation and inspiration.

SittingPretty 06-09-2014 06:13 PM

Good for you! Isn't it nice to be around people of like minds?

crafty-kid 06-09-2014 06:13 PM

Nice...I have never been to one either! I don't even know where to find where they would be.

Originally Posted by Butterfli19 (Post 6752236)
...a blast! It's a small guild, 30 members and a little over half were there. All women mostly my age and up, and so funny, omg, they were such a fun bunch of women!

There's an agenda, 3 drawings - one for the fat qtr theme of the month, one for 2-1/2" strips, and one you toss your fabric name tag in the basket and they draw and the winner gets a sewing prize. The other two are whoever can brings in a fat quarter and/or the strips, they put them in the baskets and pick out names from who contributed. They had refreshments, show and tell, ideas for upcoming meetings, the next meeting agenda, talked about a few planned trips, and other things.

Most have been quilting "forever", a few less than 5 years, all in different stages of WIPs and projects. I had such a good time. We talked fabric and sales and binding and projects and it felt so good to not get the eye roll! lol

I'm so happy I went, it was great for motivation and inspiration.

Butterfli19 06-09-2014 06:32 PM

SittingPretty, yes, it is!

Teri, I just googled 'quilt guilds in new hampshire' and got a list. There are many for all the New England states, maybe you could do the same and find one near you.

Dina 06-09-2014 07:06 PM

I am so glad you had a good time! I have been wondering how it went. What a great first visit to a guild. (Wish mine had been as good...I still go to my guild, but I sure didn't have such a good first impression...)

Dina

Nammie to 7 06-09-2014 07:17 PM

I'm so glad it worked well for you! I enjoy going to guild meetings -- we have an active bunch also. Sounds like your group does some fun things.

Sandra in Minnesota 06-10-2014 03:06 PM

Sounds like a fun group-Glad you enjoyed yourself.

lynnie 06-10-2014 03:19 PM

so glad you had a great time.
great to be with others who know the 'lingo'

ILoveToQuilt 06-10-2014 05:06 PM

Guilds are great! Sounds like you found a good one! Enjoy!

Sitting: I belong to a southern New Hampshire guild. PM me if you want info!

toverly 06-10-2014 05:38 PM

Yeah! I am so glad you had a great time! So many have bad experiences at Guilds, they often seem to not be fun. I love mine and am glad you found one you will enjoy.