Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ice Cream Cone (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ice-cream-cone-t58036.html)

AnitaSt 08-05-2010 08:10 PM

I'm helping with a museum fundraiser...an old-fashioned ice cream social...and want to make a cover for the serving table. My thought was to make some large scale ice cream cones for the front side of the cover...maybe pieced or maybe a quick fusible applique.

Can anyone suggest a simple pattern that is large in scale or simple enough to enlarge? I'm on a short time line (of course) but so far haven't found anything I like in my Google searches. You guys are so creative...any ideas???

amma 08-05-2010 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by AnitaSt
I'm helping with a museum fundraiser...an old-fashioned ice cream social...and want to make a cover for the serving table. My thought was to make some large scale ice cream cones for the front side of the cover...maybe pieced or maybe a quick fusible applique.

Can anyone suggest a simple pattern that is large in scale or simple enough to enlarge? I'm on a short time line (of course) but so far haven't found anything I like in my Google searches. You guys are so creative...any ideas???

Here is a pdf file of an applique pattern for an ice cream cone. It would be very easy to enlarge. You can use a sharpie to mark the diagonal lines on the cone, or stitch them in.

The cones could be light and dark colored, and different colors for the ice cream too. If it is a one use item, it would be easy to just fuse them on and not have to worry about stitching them down.

ice cream cone applique pieces
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92442[/ATTACH]

AnitaSt 08-06-2010 06:21 AM

Thank you so much, Amma....this will be perfect and easy to use. I have some '30's repro fabrics that will be cute as ice cream and I like your idea of using a sharpie for the cone. Thanks!

nativetexan 08-06-2010 06:25 AM

Eleanor Burns of Quilt in a Day has a pattern of ice cream cones.

mic-pa 08-06-2010 06:57 AM

I made a quilt using Eleanor Burns pattern of ice cream cones and ice cream sundees using Fairy Frost fabric. So cute.

amma 08-06-2010 07:31 AM

You are very welcome :D:D:D

mosquitosewgirl 08-06-2010 08:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a .pdf that I came up with when I saw your posting. Not quite as cute as Amma's, but could be serged together and around the edges, if you didn't want to (heaven forbid) quilt it...Should go together really easy. And, if you did want to make it a quilted runner, that would be easy, too.

Also, if you do a search on this site for Ice Cream Cone, there is a cute Ice Cream Cone Quilt posted.

Good luck and have fun!
Heidi

AnitaSt 08-06-2010 08:11 AM

I should have thought to search here....I really like the one previously posted. I have a graphic very similar to her cones. I could probably cut it into a template. And I do like the one with the simple cones and scoops. I might do some of each to have a variety of shapes and sizes. Me, I want that triple scoop! Thanks.

dotcomdtcm 08-06-2010 08:13 AM

I have a cute pattern w 3 scoops. I'll look for it.

Favorite Fabrics 08-06-2010 08:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
If you're REALLY short on time, there are fabrics available that have ice cream, cones, sundaes, whatever, on them. It's not very imaginative but you can just hem and be done with it.