Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   An Idea for Quilt Store Owners (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/idea-quilt-store-owners-t40647.html)

Candace 03-25-2010 07:11 AM

There are quite a few lucky ladies who have LQS that will rent out their longarms by the hour(after taking a class). I wish my LQS did that:< Another thing that I would be willing to pay for is to rent an Accuquilt GO in the store. Most LQS have a classroom area etc. where it could be set-up and rented. I think it would be a neat idea-you'd probably sell more fabric and you'd probably sell more Accuquilt Go's eventually, too. I've never tried one and have heard both good and bad about them and would love to test drive one. I think renting one in the store to use dies you'd maybe never want to purchase is a great idea...

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 03-25-2010 07:39 AM

I like that idea. I think I would be willing to pay to try one out and it just might lead to a purchase.

Marjpf 03-25-2010 07:43 AM

That's a great idea. What better way to sell things than have someone try them.

LindaR 03-25-2010 08:18 AM

I tried an accuquilt and would never want one. The dyes are expensive and you would really have to invest alot

Candace 03-25-2010 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
I tried an accuquilt and would never want one. The dyes are expensive and you would really have to invest alot

I think this is why renting one would be popular. I really don't want to buy a bunch of dyes either, or store them. But if I could rent a machine and all the dyes for an hourly fee, I'd probably give it a try.

Mamaskeeto 03-25-2010 08:28 AM

My LQS rents their long arm and I just love it. I wish I could have one in my house.

sewfunquilts 03-25-2010 08:32 AM

No my LQS, but one further away....rents out her Gammill computer driven long arm by the hour $20. She sets it up for you, you pay $10 thread fee too, and she winds the bobbins, loads it, helps you pick the computerized design, gets you started and all you do is use her "dowel stick" to make sure things are laying flat as it stitches. When one row ends, she comes and sets it up for you again.

She also rents out her Accuquilt and all her dies for $10 an hour...and shows you how to do it, and it's set up in her class room, so you've got plenty of table room to spread out and layer your fabrics.

Great shop, generous nice lady.....

Candace 03-25-2010 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by sewfunquilts
No my LQS, but one further away....rents out her Gammill computer driven long arm by the hour $20. She sets it up for you, you pay $10 thread fee too, and she winds the bobbins, loads it, helps you pick the computerized design, gets you started and all you do is use her "dowel stick" to make sure things are laying flat as it stitches. When one row ends, she comes and sets it up for you again.

She also rents out her Accuquilt and all her dies for $10 an hour...and shows you how to do it, and it's set up in her class room, so you've got plenty of table room to spread out and layer your fabrics.

You're very lucky! Take advantage of those rentals!

jetnica 03-25-2010 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by sewfunquilts

if only san antonio tx were close to wheeling wv -- I would totally be there!!!

Oklahoma Suzie 03-25-2010 10:17 AM

what a good idea.