Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ideas for Christmas gifts for an avid quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ideas-christmas-gifts-avid-quilter-t208352.html)

Pat625 12-13-2012 07:30 PM

I would love the gift card to purchase fabric!!

Mitch's mom 12-14-2012 03:34 AM

Mini vacuum attachments so she can dust/maintain her machines. They are available at Lowes in the shop vac aisle. They have an adapter to fit your regular vacuum hose. I have found a whole bunch of other household uses for mine.

ncsewer 12-14-2012 07:41 PM

Yup, me too. Gift card to shop and figure out what I want next.

quiltingcandy 12-14-2012 07:46 PM

Gift cards are always my choice - unless she tells you what she wants it is hard to buy what she wants or doesn't already have.

noveltyjunkie 12-14-2012 11:02 PM

Can't have too many needle threaders! Even with those machines she must hand sew some parts of the project. What does she have on the walls in her sewing area? Maybe a pin board for ideas/inspiration ? Replacement blades for her rotary cutter (check the diameter!). A cute scissors for clipping threads. A book about old quilts. A cute fat quarter of novelty fabric. A new ruler, in a size she doesn't have. (I'm hoping my husband is reading this too lol!)

JustAbitCrazy 12-14-2012 11:11 PM

I recently bought the Mighty Bright seam ripper at JoAnn's and love it. It is a seam ripper with a light and magnifying glass attached. I think it was only $9.99 retail, less with my 40% off coupon. I also have a lighted rotary cutter which a friend bought me, and I love that, too. Clover makes it. A longarm centering tape is also a great gift, as previously mentioned. If you don't know what that is, it is a pink vinyl tape measure with the zero in the center, and inches measured out from there in both directions. It has velcro on each end to attach to the frame of her "massive machine which takes up an entire wall", and is used suspended overtop the quilt. If she has one and is not currently using it, it may be dangling from the velcro on one end of the frame, like mine is, lol. Have fun surprising her! You're getting some great ideas from these ladies.

JustAbitCrazy 12-14-2012 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid (Post 5717831)
How about those little lights that attache to machines and bend?

I think this is in reference to a Bendable Bright Light, and they are great. I have used one on a sewing machine, and highly recommend them. They cost approximately $50.

JustAbitCrazy 12-15-2012 04:30 AM

There's also EQ7, which is a computer program for designing quilts. And there's a ruler called Quilter's Slidelock (quiltersslidelock.com) which is used when cutting fabric with a rotary cutter. It keeps you from accidentally cutting yourself with the rotary cutter, which happens surprisingly often and can be a very bad cut!. It also makes your cuts more accurate because the ruler locks down (no slipping) and the fabric is also locked down (no moving).

solstice3 12-15-2012 04:58 AM

A gift card is always great. Blades for a rotary cutter are always a great gift.

ghquilter53 12-15-2012 05:19 AM

Gift certificate to her favorite quilt shop.