Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ideas for DGS heirloom baby quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ideas-dgs-heirloom-baby-quilt-t100444.html)

Daisy144 02-16-2011 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
on another post a lady was concerned about making a baby quilt for a picky son and dil. I have a different problem and qould like to get some ideas/opinions - my daughter is expecting our first grandchild any minute and I have made several blankets/quilts, mostly utilitarian, even taking one well loved quilt that had belonged to his mother apart, put in new batting and requilted it but I have never gotten around to making the "heirloom quilt" that I have collected fabric for - since they (professionals) are telling young parents to not put blankets into beds with babies now days but to put them into blanket sleepers adding one more blanket (even an heirloom one) seems redundant - fixing one to hang on the wall wouldn't work because its not something she would do - so I am in a quandry - should I go ahead and make the quilt or should I just leave it be - and if I should go ahead and make the thing please offer some suggestions - I prefer simple, traditional patterns - I have white dotted white on white to use with my bunny materials - the dots, etc on all three pieces of blue are irridencent - lakehouse fabric

sewwhat85 02-16-2011 08:17 PM

love the fabric i would still make the quilt i am sure it would still be used my daughter used one to put on the floor when baby is playing or laying or whatever and to cover the carseat when going out and such

Laneyhod 02-16-2011 08:20 PM

I think you should make it, too. It would be a special quilt that his Grandma made just for him!

littlehud 02-16-2011 08:29 PM

What beautiful fabric. I would make the quilt. They will have many ways to use it other then in bed.

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 02-16-2011 08:40 PM

Oh please make it. The baby can lie on it on the floor or sofa or wherever the need is....even if it isn't the crib.

Sadiemae 02-16-2011 09:01 PM

Love the fabrics. Someone posted a memory quilt for a baby. They took pictures of baby each month during the first year and made a quilt with them, I just love that idea.
Anything you make with these fabric will be beautiful!

Daisy144 02-16-2011 09:05 PM

Ok - I'll go ahead and make the quilt - but I need Ideas!!! Help! - add white dotted tone on tone to the three attached and I need help = have hit a brick wall - 9-patch? if so, how - fence rail? I'm serious, ladies, that's another reason I've made the quilt because I cant come up with a design

jajudd24 02-16-2011 09:29 PM

I love the color and patterns...will make up nice...

amma 02-16-2011 09:45 PM

What about making it a little bigger, so it would fit a toddler bed? :D:D:D

Ramona Byrd 02-16-2011 10:49 PM

My GD uses a pretty quilt to take her baby to church. In Texas they are having harsh weather so she wants something to really keep him warm in the car and walking to church. And to shopping, most parents cover the carry/cot with a blanket or quilt, depending on the weather.