Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If I am storing projects in ziplock bags will it hurt anything to put a dryer sheet in? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-i-am-storing-projects-ziplock-bags-will-hurt-anything-put-dryer-sheet-t104109.html)

debbieumphress 03-01-2011 10:58 AM

From one brunnette to another. LOL
YOu are in touble with the blondes now. Again...bad boy..go to a corner.

Politically correct now would be an "ah ha" moment.

Tilladare 03-01-2011 11:03 AM

LOL, add me to the "rather smell garlic and cigars than dryer sheets" group... guess we should have our own corner!
Sorcha

davidwent 03-01-2011 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
From one brunnette to another. LOL
YOu are in touble with the blondes now. Again...bad boy..go to a corner.

Politically correct now would be an "ah ha" moment.

I'm afraid I'm not very PC! LOL
Have ya noticed? :twisted:
David

debbieumphress 03-01-2011 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Gosh, David, now I am smelling garlic and bread and want to go have italian for lunch. Looks like you got to slide on this one...lucky man.

See the pretty blonde??? See who she is pulling???? ROFL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141770[/ATTACH]

jaciqltznok 03-01-2011 11:24 AM

NO and NO...first, you should not STORE in ziploc, never seal up cotton so that it can not breathe!

Second the chemicals that are on dryer sheets can leave behind things you will never see.
The military has not banned the use of them on uniforms, the chemicals left behind can be picked up on heat sensors!

earlylace 03-01-2011 11:25 AM

When I pack up my finished quilted projects (saving for gifts) I pack in a tote and put in a small scented candle, everything smells so nice when you open it.

gale 03-01-2011 11:27 AM

I agree with Jacquie. I would think the chemicals locked in there with fabric isn't a good thing and the fabric all locked in a bag also isn't a good thing. Can you go outside to smoke? I couldn't live with a smoker. yuck. Even my sister who lives in Alaska goes outside to smoke so her dh isn't exposed to the fumes.

jaciqltznok 03-01-2011 11:27 AM

the best thing is a bar of cheap soap(I use plain old dial) wrapped in a paper towel and secured with a rubber band or string if storing for long periods!

gale 03-01-2011 11:29 AM

When I bought my featherweight, there was a bar of Irish Spring (I think) in a bag in the box. Made the whole thing smell like a fresh spring day. :mrgreen:

edit-it was Lever 2000.

jaciqltznok 03-01-2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by gale
When I bought my featherweight, there was a bar of Irish Spring (I think) in a bag in the box. Made the whole thing smell like a fresh spring day. :mrgreen:

edit-it was Lever 2000.

for project storage you don't need the whole bar either,, just 1/4 will do! I learned this from a quilt historian. She puts the 1/4 bars in between the quilts in the suitcase she takes all over the country!

She also has been known to sneak extra hotel soaps is she thinks they will work...leave the wrapper on them put open one end if you can and it is the same thing!