Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you could have a custom ruler made what would it be? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-could-have-custom-ruler-made-what-would-t132851.html)

skothing 06-24-2011 11:34 AM

I have a friend that is now making rulers for quilters. He asked me what I use. Also wanted to know what I wish I had. I have over bought rulers. I love them. But for the life of me I can't think of another needed. Does anyone else have an idea?

bjeriann 06-24-2011 11:45 AM

I know what you mean. I have so many rulers I shouldn't need any more for a long time, unless I break one.

Jennifer22206 06-24-2011 11:46 AM

I'd have one for lefties. I like my numbers to start on the opposite end of the ruler and they're almost always backward.

Rose Marie 06-24-2011 11:51 AM

I have way to many rulers but if they could make a non slip one it would be great. I have used at least 3 different non slip tools but none really work that well. I have used the clear plastic, sandpaper disks, clear plastic disks, and none are that good.
My favorite ruler is Quilt in a Days triangle square up ruler, it is revolutionary for HST.
I just bought a kalidescope ruler. I have the shape cutter and the X blocks rulers that I have never even used.
I bought the 1/2 in rulers and like them but they are hard to hold in place to mark the pencil line.
I have the Fun and Done rulers, the square in a square ruler and many more, these are just the exotic ones.
How about a ruler to square up quilts?
Right now I use my 16 in. square up ruler.

DogHouseMom 06-24-2011 11:54 AM

One of my favorite rulers is a 6x24 "Quilters Rule" because it has nubs on the bottom to keep it from moving. It works great! Press down on this sucker and it ain't going anywhere! Only one problem ... it's made from cheap hard plastic - not lucite - so the edge is all chipped from the rotary cutter.

If he can make this nubby ruler out of a nice non-chip plastic I would be in heaven!!

Airwick156 06-24-2011 12:08 PM

How about a ruler to square up quilts?
Right now I use my 16 in. square up ruler.[/quote by Rose Marie]

Oh like a T-Square or T-rectangle...now that would be a good one.

sewwhat85 06-24-2011 12:09 PM

i want a 1 1/4 square ruler with a diagonal line both ways like a x

DogHouseMom 06-24-2011 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
i want a 1 1/4 square ruler with a diagonal line both ways like a x

Seriously? What would you do with a ruler 1 1/4" square? I make a lot of 1" finished pieces, but I can't imagine needing or handling a ruler this small. Do enlighten me!

jdiane318 06-24-2011 02:02 PM

I am a huge Creative Grids fan and I would love to have a ruler that is 2½" x 24" ruler. Perfect for cutting binding strips by the width of fabric.

jrhboxers 06-24-2011 04:01 PM

I would love to have one 4" x 24". I need it to ruler fold my smaller pieces (under 1.5y) so that they fit standing up in my cabinet.