Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you could only make or own one quilt........ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-could-only-make-own-one-quilt-t83071.html)

mommafank 12-15-2010 01:47 PM

What pattern would it be? What kind of fabric and what colors? Would it be a wall hanging or a bedsize? Why would you choose the pattern?

Here I am thinking ahead a quilt or so to the one I will make just for myself to use on my bed and find that there are so many patterns and blocks and I love so many of them. Thought about one of those sampler ones but do not think that will do it for me. So I thought all of you great talented, experiened quilters might give me some feedback that will finally help me decide.

I love this board but takes a lot of time some days to read all the great stuff.

Ramona Byrd 12-15-2010 01:52 PM

I'm not too sure about the talented, but I have this dream, and am slowly gathering pieces of blue cotton for a crazy quilt for my own bed. I want it to cover the pillows and fall to the floor on my queen sized bed. It'll more or less match the carpet and drapes, and I simply love crazy quilted anything. I want it thick and soft and heavy and tied, like the ones I slept under as a child.
And yes, I do realize that with that size I'll have to have it professionally cleaned, but that shouldn't be more than once a year when taking it off the bed for summer.

ann clare 12-15-2010 01:55 PM

Dear Jane is on my wish list. Will be some time before I get to make it. Color choice would have to be cream background and scrappy batiks. A girl can dream.

amma 12-15-2010 02:01 PM

It would be a really wild, 3D type of quilt, lots of dimension to it... way out of my area of expertise now, but someday.... :D:D:D

Navy Wife 12-15-2010 02:36 PM

A gorgeous Baltimore Album. Someday.....

thequilterslink 12-15-2010 02:37 PM

It would be a really great big NY Beauty done in batiks, no wait, it would be a green and purple pickle dish, oh or maybe a white and pink drunkards path, but i have one of those my doll quilt swap partner made for me, it is so nice, i love it. guess i cant' have just one, i want them all.

bjnicholson 12-15-2010 02:39 PM

My 1st and 2nd quilts are for you DGD's. My 3rd will be a Grandma's Flower Garden for me! It's quite possible there will be a few pieces between the 2nd and the 3rd :roll:

deema 12-15-2010 02:59 PM

I'm making one for me. Black red and white. I can't decide on a pattern, I think it will end up a sampler of sorts...I'm going to play with all of the patterns I want to try.

Cyn 12-15-2010 02:59 PM

I want a scrappy with all my cat material but I can't get started because I keep finding more material with cats on it!

Sadiemae 12-15-2010 03:00 PM

That is a really hard question If I absolutely could only pick one quilt, it would be the scrappy that my Mom made right before she passed.