Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you could rid the quilting world of one problem.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-could-rid-quilting-world-one-problem-t222893.html)

Sewnoma 06-03-2013 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by linda8450 (Post 6101638)
Neatnicks that want me to be one! I sew with abandon...I drop pins, I have threads wound in my chair wheels, I sew til late late late at nite, I don't pick up my project ingredients when I am finished and I don't put the cap back on the spray adhesive right when I am done! I do clean up when I get to the point that I can't step over it any more, I am very very organized (drawers and bins all have labels) and I can put my hands on anything I need...even when it is strewn all over the room...but I don't want to have to think about clean up while I am creating! Leave me alone...let me create...I can clean later (any fool can clean, it takes a genius to create art!).

Oh, this is SO me!! I realize that some people feel distracted or stressed out by mess, but I am the exact opposite! A messy space is a comfortable & creative space for me and clean spaces stress me out!

And, like you, I'm messy yet organized. I know exactly where everything is, and eventually things DO get put away. When I'm DONE with them! Thankfully I have my own sewing room so I can leave things wherever I want to (and that probably goes a long way to keeping my marriage happy!)

MY space + MY mess = MY creative zone! LOL

As to what I'd get rid of...I think I'm going to throw in another vote for "aging". I'm still young(ish) and I'm already thinking I will never live long enough to try all the things I want to try! (Especially if you consider non-quilting things!)

alikat110 06-03-2013 04:18 PM

Confusion and misdirection regarding copyright laws.

tesspug 06-03-2013 04:20 PM

Broken thread and tangles on the back.

Cybrarian 06-03-2013 04:52 PM

The fact that my fur babies can't help me sandwich anything...I know they think laying or sitting on it helps...:D

cizzors 06-03-2013 05:58 PM

Cotton prices.

Jim's Gem 06-03-2013 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 6101589)
Unappreciative recipients of time-spent, lovingly-made quilted gifts. (per a previous thread i just read.):(

Jan in VA

This would get my vote! That and fabric being so expensive

Dolphyngyrl 06-03-2013 08:38 PM

the empty bobbin

GrannieAnnie 06-03-2013 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian (Post 6102432)
The fact that my fur babies can't help me sandwich anything...I know they think laying or sitting on it helps...:D

One of my dogs has decided she needs to test drive any blanket I make--------from the top side.

petthefabric 06-03-2013 10:15 PM

Needing other peoples approval of my art.

Critics who think they have the right to be rude.

Knitette 06-03-2013 10:50 PM

Marking pens that either don't disappear as they say they should and pens that disappear before you've had a chance to thread the machine!