Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you have Martelli products do you like them? I am considering buying. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-have-martelli-products-do-you-like-them-i-am-considering-buying-t295932.html)

leighway 04-04-2018 04:53 AM

I've got the rotary cutters, mats, rotating mat, quilting rings for dsm fmq and the binding system. Each product is so well engineered and of such quality that it's a pleasure to use! Because they are expensive (and they ARE), I wait for sales or find them at a quilt show and buy with special pricing.
The only product of theirs that I gave away was the long, wide ruler that won't slip. It's opaque. I can't see what I'm doing and that never worked for me.
Of all their products, my favorite is the rotating mat...it's sturdy and turns on ball bearings. The small Fiskars rotating mat that I bought for portability is just a shabby wobble by comparison. Buy Martelli!

JENNR8R 04-04-2018 08:43 AM

I'm a real Martelli fan. I bought one of their tables when I went to a quilt show the day after I found out that I was getting a large tax refund in 2012. It was the best quilting purchase I have ever made. Now when I go to quilt shows, I spend some time at the Martelli booth and help them sell their products. They all know me now. LOL!

The rotary cutters really do help with wrist/arm issues. Their videos are very useful in teaching you the proper way to use the cutters. If there is ever a problem with one of them, take it to the next show, and they will let you have another one at a deep discount.

If you sign up for their mailing list, and you will learn of their half-off sales.

caspharm 04-04-2018 08:50 AM

I love my Rotating mat set, my table, the grip mats, and my cutters. Not so crazy about their opaque rulers. I agree with Jennr8r, sign up for their mailing list for sales.

Rhonda Lee 04-04-2018 11:01 AM

Oh my gosh. Thank you everyone. I appreciate your responses and I will sign up for their emails. And I will watch for their sales!

niizh 04-04-2018 11:17 AM

I have both Martelli cutters and really don't see that much difference in performance. I also have arthritis in both hands. I purchased because everyone recommended them. Would not do it again.

amyjo 04-04-2018 11:23 AM

I love my martelli cutters and my cutting mats. Just ordered another xl plus the 26x38 will be putting them on my cutting tables in my new studio when finished

amyjo 04-04-2018 11:23 AM

I buy when on sale only way to go.

amyjo 04-04-2018 11:24 AM

You just missed the big one. Was two days last week

Boston1954 04-04-2018 01:37 PM

My cutter is Fiskars but I have a Martelli blade in it, and it works just fine.

QuiltnLady1 04-04-2018 02:15 PM

I have the Martelli cutters and the rotating mat. I have found the Martelli blades don't last as long as Olfa. Like many other folks -- everything I have I bought on one of their sales.