Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you shopped at Joanns this weekend, how did you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-shopped-joanns-weekend-how-did-you-do-t110634.html)

Twisted Quilter 03-25-2011 03:38 PM

The one time I have more than one coupon, plus the coupon for an additional 25% off, and I have no funds!

Darn, darn, darn. :cry:

hobbykat1955 03-25-2011 03:43 PM

I was good...really didn't need anything but I picked up some Solid fabric's, set of rulers, 2 remnants, buttons total 27.00 with a 15.00 savings.

tcnmom 03-25-2011 03:49 PM

I went to get Egyptian cotton or Kona cloth and they were out of both or put them away. All the other fabrics were on sale so the 50% would not apply The 25% off did not apply if you had used another coupon. Very disappointing.

thepolyparrot 03-25-2011 04:31 PM

I didn't really need anything but a new cutting mat - the giant one that covers my whole cutting table. Mine has so many grooves worn in it that I can't even cut on certain areas any more. :)

I got some hand applique needles that I haven't tried yet and some no-melt template plastic and a few other little things, but no major shopping trip. There's really very little that I need any more. Lately, all I need is to get my rear in gear and sew some of it together. ;)

CarrieAnne 03-25-2011 04:43 PM

I am going tomarrow!

Lucky Lady 03-25-2011 04:44 PM

I went this morning and got the Sew Essentials cutting table. It was on sale for $69.99 plus had the 25% off coupon so saved over $70.00. Haven't set it up yet but can't wait. It will be much easier than using the dining room table and always having to move stuff for mealtime.

debbieumphress 03-25-2011 04:48 PM

When I went by today, there were newspapers as you went in the store with more 25% coupons so even if you don't have a 25% coupon, you can get one there. I am going back tomorrow if I can get with JoanieU to drive with me. Have fun everyone who gets to go.

BKrenning 03-25-2011 04:56 PM

I went this morning & thanks to the yucky weather we had, I didn't even have to wait in the cutting line but the people who waited for it to quit sleeting sure did--LOL!

I didn't get the Rowenta travel iron I wanted--can't use a coupon on it, so I will have to wait for a sale. I did get the Sidewinder bobbin winder and I thought they had used my coupon but it didn't go through. I guess it's considered a sewing machine department item and those don't count. And, one of the flannels I bought must not have been a Snuggle flannel or it was missed in the computer. I bought 5 yards of it, too so the $12.50 I was expecting it to ring up as turned into $29.95. I did have the 25% preferred customer coupon which came off the complete total and it is a very nice flannel so I still got a bargain. I will probably be taking it back and have them use a 50% off coupon on it. I may pickup that iron again and keep it this time!

They didn't have the June Tailor Shape Cut Plus ruler that I've been lusting after. Not buying that & putting the iron back saved money, right?!

I used a 40% off coupon and got a 5 pack of Fiskar's 45mm rotary blades that don't appear to have the notches so I'm hoping they will work better in my Martelli cutter than the Olfa ones. I've broken 2 of the Olfa blades in it so my favorite cutter has been sitting unused & unloved. My wrist & shoulder will personally draft a thank you note to Fiskar if their blades work as well as the Martelli's.

Just the 25% off and the one 40% off coupon was a savings of $75. I bought yards & yards of flannel @ $2.50 per yard that is normally $4.99 & $5.99. I also went a little crazy in the Keepsake Calico area. All of that was 40% off regular $3.99-$5.99. Some of the brand new (& very pretty) calicoes are regular price $7.99 but I didn't get any of those. You can even see some fabrics with the $4.99 price on the bolt and a new bolt of the same fabric is $5.99. It's not a cover-up sticker either. It's the factory applied sticker with all the details on it.

I also noticed that Joann's is getting more & more designer quilting fabric. In addition to Debbie Mumm; they have April Cornell, Susan Winget, M'Liss (I can't remember her last name)Rawley, maybe, and several others.

All in all, a very good day and if hubby goes with me tomorrow, I'm sure we'll be snatching up more fabric. He likes matching colors.

mimom 03-25-2011 05:36 PM

I went this evening, I spent 47.00 but saved 52.00. I guess I did pretty good

sewingsuz 03-25-2011 05:37 PM

I did not get a new coupon paper this week. ????