Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you were to make a quilt like this what shapes would you include... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-were-make-quilt-like-what-shapes-would-you-include-t224583.html)

twinkie 06-27-2013 03:36 AM

A very interesting quilt

gramacheri 06-27-2013 06:13 AM

needs a sewing machine, cell phone, computer screen...

mckwilter 06-27-2013 06:42 AM

For my husband: guitar / music symbols / entwined wedding rings
For my daughter: soccer / swimming / USMC / children
For my son: baseball / fishing / firefighter symbols / children
For myself: sewing/quilting / crafting / books / computer
For all of us: patriotic / church & love of God

Rose Bagwell 06-27-2013 08:05 AM

Me too, I would do a home and church in center. maybe a building from my hometown. Activities that I participate in, like sewing, quilting, golfing, travel, etc. Some of my family's interests, and just stuff that would make it mine, or for whomever it is for. I like the idea. Is this a whole cloth and then you just applique ?

charsuewilson 06-27-2013 02:35 PM

I would probably do all different cat silhouettes. After that, some of the greek letters used at work, equations, and silhouettes of lab equipment.

Pepita 06-27-2013 08:45 PM

Ellie Sienkiewicz (I don't know how she spells it)has a book that I think is being reissued without a word. Or something to that effect. It chronicles what different symbols meant. Such as the Lyre--which means all music in honor of God. Cockscomb--Resurrection Roses, of course romantic love, Hyacinth peace of mind, prudence and so on.

MothrNatr 06-28-2013 02:43 AM

Look at the font called wingdings- it has a bunch of different shapes and using your computer you can adjust the font size and may be able to use as a pattern.

Wonnie 06-28-2013 05:36 AM

Porpoise, whale, shell, palm tree, ocean wave, flip flops, swimmer, bikini, directional arrows, flower, boat, plane, car, luggage, airport symbols,home, family, sewing machine, needle,rotary cutter, scissors, ball of yarn, crochet hook, bicycle, paint brush, artist pallet, umbrella, raindrop, sun, bird, tree, butterfly, ant, bingo symbols, birth date, football, guitar, singer, drama and tragedy theatrical symbols, (not sure how you would do a quilt in silhouette ?????)

IBQUILTIN 06-28-2013 09:52 AM

We had to travel a lot with our work, so I designed a quilt from one of our trips, starting with the drawbridge just out our driveway, when I got done, I had a couple of good blocks, but a lot of detour signs. Never finished it. lol You are getting some really good responses. Mine would have to be something with a lot of wild animals, wild flowers, pine trees and a couple of lakes; represents many of my favorite things. Oh, I would have to have a dragon fly somewhere too

debbiemarie 06-28-2013 02:25 PM

Trees, horses and cats.