Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ignorant quilter eating her words (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ignorant-quilter-eating-her-words-t90361.html)

SherryLea 01-14-2011 07:05 AM

We go to AR every winter for 3 mos and my husband won't let me bring my sewing machine he says I need a break from my quilting and embroidery. I go crazy wanting to quilt so I found this little quilt shop where they do the quilting for people and made friends with the owners mother and daugther
they let me stay as long as I want and watch them quilt and look at every blot of matertial and get so many Ideals that when I get home I am just dieing to get started He said he is about to give up and buy me a machine to leave here. So yes it is addictive and I love it. And have no intention to going to rehab.

amandasgramma 01-14-2011 07:07 AM

Oh, I know that feeling!!!!!! I actually got rid of boxes and boxes and boxes of craft supplies JUST to make room for my stash!!!!! NEVER thought I would do that! the only thing I'm hanging on to is my paint supplies........because, you know....I can paint on FABRIC and make a quilt --- some day!!!!! :) :) :)

dkabasketlady 01-14-2011 07:17 AM

Join the CROWD!! My DM got me "hooked" on quilting because she said I needed something to do since I'm on disability. Needless to say the rest is HISTORY!! My housework, cooking skills, and gardening(have a landscaper now) have all taken a backseat to my sewing,lol!! I'm NOT complaining and so far my DH isn't either(well not too much anyway)!!!!

Diana Lynne 01-14-2011 07:28 AM

LOL. when I was younger I hated anything to do with a needle, thread or sewing machine..Even failed home ec because of my hmmm "sewing" abilities.. Now, every chance I get I go and check out the fabrics in stores and I will pick up something..even if it is just thread..I am just starting to learn quilting but so far I am loving every minute of it

DebbyT 01-14-2011 07:47 AM

When you first start it is more of a challenge until you have all the necessary supplies and fabrics to choose from for any givin project. Lord forbid, you have to go out and buy something when you settle on a project. It doesn't end any time soon.

AliKat 01-14-2011 09:20 AM

I think of it as having my creativity encouraged by having a stash.

If nothing else, it is way cheaper than psychotherapy. Plus the end results are awesome.

ali

amma 01-14-2011 09:26 AM

The words go down much easier with chocolate... lots of chocolate :D:D:D

JUNEC 01-14-2011 10:06 AM

Glad to hear that someone else has caught the virus - called stashaholicism - it is a very contagious but lovely disease to have.

Welcome on board - you should give your neigbor a hug

LivelyLady 01-14-2011 10:11 AM

Thank God they don't have quilters rehab.....I'd probably be committed :D

MaRanda 01-14-2011 12:07 PM

Quilters Rehab.... Never thought of that. One thing about it there are alot of people here who would qualify. We would be (could be) a great big happy family just like on here! LOL