Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm beginning to think this is too busy..and how would you quilt it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-beginning-think-too-busy-how-would-you-quilt-t256285.html)

Doggramma 11-03-2014 05:05 PM

I think it's great for a pink loving person. The white border sounds like a good idea. I'd do simple quilting, like a meander, for the pink and something different, like feathers or something circley, in the white border.

Jan in VA 11-03-2014 07:11 PM

The problem you're having is that there isn't enough contrast between the colors in the background and the pinwheel section. You would have been better off using the darkest pink in the print, it would have seemed less 'busy' to you, I believe. Then if you also used some white within the body of the quilt and made this print a larger border, it could change the whole appearance of the top. :)

Jan in VA

VernaL 11-04-2014 03:38 AM

Maybe you could just stitch in the ditch to outline the stars. That way the quilting wouldn't add more busyness and it might make the stars stand out more. I love the fabrics you used. I've been wanting to try that pattern.

Pagzz 11-04-2014 04:31 AM

It is a pretty quilt. To emphasize the stars I would take white thread and a decorative stitch on my sewing machine maybe something that is lacy looking and stitch around the stars to make them pop more. This could be done as part of the quilting.

Joset 11-04-2014 04:37 AM

ah, i like it, i think it is pretty.

feline fanatic 11-04-2014 04:44 AM

Your fabrics are really pretty but not enough contrast for a Hunter's Star. I am not seeing the star effect at all but I am seeing the arrowheads. Not sure there is any quilting that will get the stars to pop out unless maybe a 1/4" echo in a dark gray thread and I don't know if that would work either.

illinois 11-04-2014 04:48 AM

Like it as a single block but, as others have commented, the design seems to get lost when put with more blocks. It's a lot of work to not be fully appreciated! How about making a pillow from a single block?

Jean in Ohio13452 11-04-2014 05:00 AM

I agree - larger Quilting maybe even on Diagonal ? or following the Shapes ? I don't care for Stipple... but sure is Pretty.... are you Hand Quilting or machine...? Maybe even applique a round circle in the center of the blocks to break up the pink and add solid pink and white border...

WMUTeach 11-04-2014 05:31 AM

I love your colors and fabrics but I would suggest a third color to create some contrast and to make the inner stars POP!. They are lost in the two color/prints. Perhaps a solid that is lighter or darker. Maybe the darker rosey pink of the dots or that is in the paisley print. Even white or off white would bring some contrast and all the eye to see the stars. I hope this helps and is not too discouraging.

roadrunr 11-04-2014 05:38 AM

You're right, it is a little busy for me, it is beautiful, though. I too would add white sashings to the quilt - it will tone the business down and add some "pop" to the quilt. I usually just do simple quilting.