Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm getting a Tin Lizzie!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-getting-tin-lizzie-t103576.html)

LucyInTheSky 02-27-2011 11:53 AM

I had decided to get a mid-arm. I went to a quilt show to try the Tin Lizzie and HQ16. I had tried TL about a month prior at a different quilt show and loved her. A bunch of research later, I went to the quilt show yesterday, asked all my questions, and did a lot of quilting on the machine. TL was like butter. I have done very little non-strippling free motion quilting, since it's difficult on my machine, and on the first try on TL, I did a flower with leaves, clouds, my name, straight horizontal and vertical lines, and various other designs that looked pretty dang good. I absolutely fell in love with her, slept on it, and just made the purchase today! I'm getting the metal frame, which is ridiculous for how easy it is to advance the quilt (touch 3 places and turn the crank... that's it) and $1500 off for the show special (so $9K + tax). OMG, I'm so excited!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Quilter7x 02-27-2011 11:55 AM

Congratulations. I can already tell that she is going to become your new best friend and you will make lots of beautiful quilts together. :D

jayelee 02-27-2011 11:56 AM

Congrats

Maia B 02-27-2011 12:05 PM

Congrats! Nothing like a new machine, an upgrade in our art! We'd all live to get updates as you learn and advance. Nice to hear of a longarm costing less than $10K. Really wishing you great enjoyment!

Wendys Quilts 02-27-2011 12:05 PM

That is so exciting!!!!

LucyInTheSky 02-27-2011 02:23 PM

Thank you all! I'm so excited. So far for names I have Lizzie Lou and Tizzie. Obvious ones, I know. I figure once she's here I'll have a better idea of a name... just like a child :D

SueDor 02-27-2011 03:08 PM

Excited for you!

CarrieAnne 02-27-2011 03:10 PM

congrats!

Lisa 02-27-2011 03:15 PM

Congratulations!!!!! Be sure to post a pic when you get her set up!

p.s.

I'm a little bit jealous! lol!

aborning 02-27-2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
I had decided to get a mid-arm. I went to a quilt show to try the Tin Lizzie and HQ16. I had tried TL about a month prior at a different quilt show and loved her. A bunch of research later, I went to the quilt show yesterday, asked all my questions, and did a lot of quilting on the machine. TL was like butter. I have done very little non-strippling free motion quilting, since it's difficult on my machine, and on the first try on TL, I did a flower with leaves, clouds, my name, straight horizontal and vertical lines, and various other designs that looked pretty dang good. I absolutely fell in love with her, slept on it, and just made the purchase today! I'm getting the metal frame, which is ridiculous for how easy it is to advance the quilt (touch 3 places and turn the crank... that's it) and $1500 off for the show special (so $9K + tax). OMG, I'm so excited!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm happy for you. I bought a new Tin Lizzie in December and am happy with it. I haven't used it a whole lot yet as I work full time away from the home--so have only quilted 6 large quilts and a table topper so far. I need to spend more time practicing yet to perfect more styles--but that will come with time. Good luck to you with your new machine.