Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Im going to test drive the Horizon 7700 today, what do I need to look for. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-going-test-drive-horizon-7700-today-what-do-i-need-look-t174990.html)

pinkberrykay 01-09-2012 08:17 AM

Im going to test drive the Horizon 7700 today, what do I need to look for.

I know I need to bring a piece of something I am working on so I can sew with it. What other things should I check out. I am hoping to get a great deal, I have been hearing so many people talk about the great price they got for their machine. Only problem with that is, I am in a small town and the economy is not so great here so Im not sure what kind of deal I can get.

Micha 01-09-2012 08:52 AM

Have fun! So far I'm enjoying my 7700....I've only had it for a couple of months.

Darlene's 01-09-2012 09:15 AM

I have had my Horizon for almost 14 months and I LOVE it !!! Mostly all I do is quilt and this machine is for a quilter with a huge throat space !! I have had no problem quilting a king size !! Since I have had this machine I have started & finished 20 quilts !!!!! I just love it !!!! I dont think you would be disappointed with this machine !!! Good Luck !!

rufree4t 01-09-2012 09:35 AM

If you do FMQ bring a small sandwich of fabric, battng and fabric. Try different weights of fabric and do something with multiple layers like if you were binding a quilt. If you do anything other than quilting bring materials to try that as well. I am not familiar with this machine - all mine are old- so I am not sure what all it will do but try to explore as many options as you think you will need. Wish I had the dollars for a new machine! I do envy you. Good luck. I hope you get a great deal.

pinkberrykay 01-09-2012 01:52 PM

So, I went to my dealer today and she does not have any Horizon 7700. However, she is going to order another so I can test drive it. I also mentioned that one lady here got hers for $2000, she was shocked. She said she would see what she could do for me and get me the best price possible.

Im have tempted to get the 6600, she has one on display that she said she would offer me a great deal on. The one thing that has me leaning towards the Horizon is the throat length. Being 2 inches longer then the 6600 is truly tempting, but the price on the 6600 is also a HUGE factor. DECISIONS, DECISIONS!!

Christine27 01-09-2012 02:03 PM

I just got my 7700 for that price too. Either way, whether you choose the 7700 or the 6600, you won't be disappointed. They are both great machines.

pinkberrykay 01-09-2012 02:21 PM

May I ask where you got your 7700 for $2000. I would like to be able to give the info to my dealer for reference.

Originally Posted by Christine27 (Post 4858801)
I just got my 7700 for that price too. Either way, whether you choose the 7700 or the 6600, you won't be disappointed. They are both great machines.

LindaM49 01-09-2012 02:46 PM

I think I MIGHT be the person that you are talking about...bought the 7700 last Thursday and the price was $1,999.

I jumped right in to making something today. I bought a quilt kit on sale at Joann's in the summer...it's a really small wallhanging. I thought...what better first project on my new machine. I used the 1/4" foot for the first time and WOW what a difference from using masking tape on my other machine. I really love this needle up/down button and also the thread cutter.

I watched part of the DVD this morning when I had to take off the AcuFeed presser bar and foot. For some reasoning looking at the book didn't cut it for me. Once I knew what I was doing it was a cinch.

Hope you get to test drive soon...and then decisions decisions. Good luck!

pinkberrykay 01-09-2012 03:05 PM

Would you mind sharing with me where you got it??? I would like to let my local Janome dealer know as a reference for her.

Originally Posted by LindaM49 (Post 4858914)
I think I MIGHT be the person that you are talking about...bought the 7700 last Thursday and the price was $1,999.

I jumped right in to making something today. I bought a quilt kit on sale at Joann's in the summer...it's a really small wallhanging. I thought...what better first project on my new machine. I used the 1/4" foot for the first time and WOW what a difference from using masking tape on my other machine. I really love this needle up/down button and also the thread cutter.

I watched part of the DVD this morning when I had to take off the AcuFeed presser bar and foot. For some reasoning looking at the book didn't cut it for me. Once I knew what I was doing it was a cinch.

Hope you get to test drive soon...and then decisions decisions. Good luck!

LindaM49 01-09-2012 04:43 PM

No problem. I went to the store that is listed in Mechanicsburg, PA. And as I found out in doing a LOT of searching...there are no prices listed on Janome machines unless it's on a forum or places like ebay etc. The salesman's name is Bob if she is so inclined to get in touch with my dealer for you.

www.discountvacuumandsewing.com