Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm making partial blocks... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-making-partial-blocks-t65005.html)

eightylady 09-16-2010 06:16 AM

I don't know what to call my ailment...I love putting colors together with a block pattern, seeing that I can make it, then I stick that block in a huge baggie (not sewn completely together, of course) and I'm off to another challenge. Am I alone in this endeavor? I enjoy it, but to what end? :oops:

craftybear 09-16-2010 06:18 AM

sounds like fun, please post a picture of your block, what pattern are you using, we want more information,

sewmuchmore 09-16-2010 06:21 AM

Yes please post pictures of your blocks. :wink:

eightylady 09-16-2010 06:22 AM

crafty bear, the more difficult, the more satisfied I am...preferable paper piecing and I'm hooked on using Hoffman Bali Pops, so I have to look for a pattern with pieces not over 2 1/2". How would I post 80 blocks done, 40+ partial ones...I don't have any luck posting even one :oops:

amandasgramma 09-16-2010 06:29 AM

I like challenges, too. I have about 15 blocks on my bulletin board. NONE of them would fit together, colorwise, so I'll keep doing it until I find a combo I really like and am willing to do over and over and over.

eightylady 09-16-2010 06:53 AM

duh, I've scanned 12 of them, but am unable to send even one...and I've read directions over and over. The only other time I tried when I first joined, I received a post from Admin that said "Don't send addresses"...so, now what? :roll:

bearisgray 09-16-2010 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by eightylady
I don't know what to call my ailment...I love putting colors together with a block pattern, seeing that I can make it, then I stick that block in a huge baggie (not sewn completely together, of course) and I'm off to another challenge. Am I alone in this endeavor? I enjoy it, but to what end? :oops:

You want to see if you can do it. You find out you can. So?

I think it would be in the same category as playing a game of golf or tennis or whatever. When it's done - it's done.

janRN 09-16-2010 08:30 AM

I'm the same way--love challenging myself to make a really difficult block. Trouble is, I only make it once. I have a stack of blocks that I can't even use as a sampler quilt.
I'm also doing the Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with 100s of potholders LOL!

quiltluvr 09-16-2010 11:51 AM

I love playing around, auditioning, whatever you want to call it. Doesn't bother me that I don't know what to do with them. It's just fun practice for me. Can't beat it.

Lady Shivesa 09-16-2010 12:43 PM

For awhile I was trying out a different block pattern about every couple days. I tend to stick to the same color ranges so I'm hoping I can eventually put them all together in a sampler quilt or something. But for now, they're sitting stacked on my table waiting for me to do something with them.

I definitely understand the appeal of trying out different blocks all the time. It's new, never boring, always challenging and a blast to see how the colors come together.