Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm married to a prince! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-married-prince-t142770.html)

Debbie C 08-06-2011 04:26 AM

I'm one of the lucky ladies here too - my DH is very supportive and has just suggested I move my sewing room to a larger area in our newly renovated lower level. This will almost double the space I have now! As for spending on fabrics, etc., "Prince Frank" knows I'm a thrifty shopper, so I have free rein to do as I please.

ka9sdn 08-06-2011 04:33 AM

My DH goes shopping with me and he usually find more than I do!

graciemae 08-06-2011 04:37 AM

I don't hide anything, always gotta tell the truth, been married 30 years. I do have a huge stash because I inheritated my mother's stash for a total of 12 plastic bins now. I won't have to buy fabric for years, just batting. I have a prince too, when I'm complaining because my sewing machine acts us, he encourages me to purchase a new one. Maybe I'm naive and he's just tired of hearing me fuss about it. Anyway, I may take him up on it one day soon and get that new machine. Gotta love him!

Tinabodina 08-06-2011 04:39 AM

My DH is not a prince, but I do call him Mr. Wonderful. He see's all my purchases, but I don't make a point to show him each time I buy something. He will actually go to my stash and help me pick out fabric for a new project; ie, Mr. Wonderful. ;)

MS quilter 08-06-2011 04:40 AM

My hubby is the best ( at least I think so.) Besides there is no way to hide what I've bought as it is clearly out on the open shelves of my "playhouse" he fixed for me! Gotta love it!!

mhollifiel 08-06-2011 04:47 AM

MY DH and I were both widowed previously and his first wife, a polio victim, sewed. We adored our "firsts" and our marriage benefits. Consequently, DH loves to hear my machine going and takes me shopping where he waits and drives up to pick me up. This really helps at those big quilt shows and fabric shops. Just finished a m/c trip to Nova Scotia with me stopping in quilting shops everywhere. I joke that he misses seeing a lot of other things looking for fabric and quilt shops! (Thanks to the QB we hit 5 Mardens in Maine HARD!)

In our mountain home, DH had the basement finished into a massive studio for me with design wall, enough lighting for daylight 24/7, enormous walk in stash closet, full bath with marble/onyx (back lit) shower, raised cutting table, and more. So I bought him a little fishing shack where I sew in the main living area and watch him fish off the pier when it's too choppy to take the boat out.

Our only problem is that he's Neiman Marcus and I am Goodwill! But that really helps when I need batiks! And he's wearing a couple of thrift store shirts I bought to cut up for quilting! Long live my prince!

Grandma Peg 08-06-2011 04:54 AM

Don't have to hide purchases. Went to a new quilt shop and he goes aren't you going to buy anything? Said my funds were a little low so he gave me some money so that was pretty sweet.

Phannie1 08-06-2011 04:56 AM

I don't hide my stash, he helps me shop!

Blackberry 08-06-2011 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1
So many of you talk about hiding your fabric purchases from your DH. I show my husband all the fabrics I buy and he even goes with me to the annual quilt show! He loves to see me happy so he indulges my passion. I am SO blessed. Of course, I don't go crazy when buying fabric - mostly buy for each project.

How many of you DON'T have to hide your stash from your DH?

Ditto here. He loves his golf and I encourage him to play and I love quilting and he encourages my hobby. We make quite a pair.

LindaDeeter 08-06-2011 05:02 AM

DH is my biggest fan when it comes to my passions ... be it quilting, painting, scrapbooking, knitting, crocheting ... whatever! We are blessed & happily married for 45 years.