Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm married to a prince! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-married-prince-t142770.html)

sewmuchmore 08-05-2011 04:19 AM

I don't have to hide mine either, However he is the one who is the spender and I am the one who has to put a stop to the spending. :-(

sueisallaboutquilts 08-05-2011 04:20 AM

Count me in!! He's very supportive and doesn't question. Let's hear it for all the princes! :D
But you have to admit, this thread isn't going to be nearly as funny as the other one! LOL :D

Opal Jane 08-05-2011 04:21 AM

I don't have to hide any of my purchases either and he is usually with me when I am buying fabric. I don't consider myself lucky, it is the way it should be especially if we both work.

janRN 08-05-2011 04:22 AM

If I had to hide anything I bought from DH, he'd soon be an ex-DH. Trust and respect and honesty have been the basis of our 41 year marriage. I truly feel sorry for people that have to hide something from a partner; something that brings them joy. This is not a partnership or a marriage. Sorry--this just really bothers me and gets me on my soapbox! Don't mean to offend anyone.

isnthatodd 08-05-2011 04:25 AM

I don't hide anything. In fact, my new purchases usually sit on the couch for awhile so we can admire them before I put them away.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-05-2011 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
If I had to hide anything I bought from DH, he'd soon be an ex-DH. Trust and respect and honesty have been the basis of our 41 year marriage. I truly feel sorry for people that have to hide something from a partner; something that brings them joy. This is not a partnership or a marriage. Sorry--this just really bothers me and gets me on my soapbox! Don't mean to offend anyone.

Have to agree with this. I could never question what brings my DH joy and he wouldn't do it either. Very good point, Jan! :thumbup:

PaperPrincess 08-05-2011 04:33 AM

I don't hide mine, it's not that he's so supportive as oblivious. LOL! To be honest, he is pretty supportive and interested in WIP, but when your sewing room is as messy as mine, it's pretty hard to notice that there's something new in there.

Susie Quilter 08-05-2011 04:37 AM

Nope, I don't hide mine either.

barnbum 08-05-2011 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by janRN

I'll climb on with you. :D

babalu 08-05-2011 04:39 AM

No hiding here, either! My husband actually asks me to make quilts for his friends and coworkers. And he'll always ask, when I'm working on something, "Who is getting that one?" He understands that I am always giving them away as gifts. He's a gem!