Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm the proud owner of a FABRIC and craft SHOP. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-proud-owner-fabric-craft-shop-t994.html)

vicki reno 04-20-2007 08:46 AM

You Go Girl :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

quiltmaker101 04-20-2007 08:47 AM

If you have enough room in your basement, you might want to open up a space to local quilting groups or guilds for meetings and classes.

You know those ladies would want to buy something before they leave! Especially if they drove 8 miles off the main road to get there! LOL

sarah333 04-20-2007 09:14 AM

(you go girl ) is right, sounds like a new adventure in life .i mean if you have every thing with you all ready it sounds like a deal..oh yeah sounds like you have a great husband.......good luck in what ever you choose to do.

live2teach 04-20-2007 11:26 AM

Miranda,

You WILL do great at this! You are so motivated and excited and very talented. Only good will come your way...if bad does come along..I'll go and kick their behind..LOL. Oh, and quiltmaker had a good idea about opening a quilting group or guild...that would be fun....of course when you have time with the kids and all... :D I am so excited for you I cannot wait to see you get off the ground and sailing. :thumbup:

mimisharon 04-22-2007 05:34 AM

Congratulations!! You'll be fabulous at it. I soooooooooo envy you, in a good way, not a jealous way. Think long and hard about what you would need to make to cover the cost of higher electric, heating, and maybe look at doing both a ebay and a two day a week shop? There are so many possibilities. You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-22-2007 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by mimisharon
Congratulations!! You'll be fabulous at it. I soooooooooo envy you, in a good way, not a jealous way. Think long and hard about what you would need to make to cover the cost of higher electric, heating, and maybe look at doing both a ebay and a two day a week shop? There are so many possibilities. You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Mimi. I'm so glad to see you are back on here typing. :D There really wouldn't be more heat/electric costs because we heat that all anyway. I have to find out how much more insurance I need to purchase, though. Still so much to do.
I think I am definately going to open an eBay store and then open the home business a little later.

Don't worry, I will let everyone know when the eBay store is up and running. :D

Pat 04-22-2007 05:25 PM

Miranda, You LUCKY DUCK...what a great way to start. I wish you the best for a bountiful business. Keep us posted. I also use eBay.

marmar 04-23-2007 10:50 AM

Wishing you all the good things with your new adventure. What an exciting thing to do!! :P :P :P marmar

susan s. 04-23-2007 03:27 PM

That's just too cool for words. Let us know when you get your web site up and running. I'd love to browse it.. Tricia did you say you have a site. or it was E-bay. Please let me know how to find you there. I'd love to take a peek. Haven't spent much time on E-bay. Been thinking I should get to know it a little better. I want to sell some stuff too but, I have so many family things promised it might be tricky to get to the sale stuff. :lol: :-o

Extreme Quilter 04-24-2007 04:57 AM

I'm as green as my batiks with envy! Wish I could come and visit you and your new store. Congratulations!