Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm SO EXCITED ! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-so-excited-t144854.html)

Honeynga 08-13-2011 08:15 AM

Last week at a thrift store in the City of Atl, (I live about 50 miles away) I bought a Singer 1200 Athena for $16.00. Brought it home, plugged it in and appeared to "work" however, the feed dogs wouldn't pull fabric, nor did the lighted "display" board light of ! I've been on the "net", tried to learn as much as possible about this machine, not very encouraging when dealing with "electronic" machines. Have tried my best to find a serial # and just can't find it. Decided this a.m. to sit down with the manual and see if it would give me any clues re the serial......lo and behold, found a paragraph regarding the "circuit" breaker....had seen a red button on the bottom of the machine but didn't do anything. AFTER READING MANUAL (of all things); pushed the red button and my machine lit up like a Christmas tree and all of the functions are working 100%

I'm so excited. The funny thing is that I have four other machines that are in great working order, but wanted to conquer this one.

I had already decided to donate this one to local thrift shop with a note that it needed work. Are we sometimes a bunch of sillies or not ?

Will spend afternoon playing with this machine and will probably start stitching up a rag quilt !

My ex husband, yes my ex, came across some light new blankets at a yard sale...the type they use on air lines......I'm going to use them as batting, or if possible, the "fleece" for the rag quilts. (actually, I might make HIM a rag quilt, using the pieces of the 25 cent jeans that I bought recently......)

Again, can't tell you how excited I am to get this machine working.....oh so silly. I live in a tiny apt and my "sewing table" which is really my only dining table,has two machines set up on it, so my latest machine is set up on the kitchen cabinet......think I'll leave it there until I'm sure it has been cured !

Love this board, only QB folks would understand.

loves_2_quilt 08-13-2011 08:23 AM

:)

Ramona Byrd 08-13-2011 08:57 AM

My ex husband, yes my ex, came across some light new blankets at a yard sale...the type they use on air lines......I'm going to use them as batting, or if possible, the "fleece" for the rag quilts.
------------------------------------
I think you'll find these are rather high quality ones if they were used by an air line. I found 4 of them in a yard sale, washed them, gave them to a friend and they're now used for kids' lap robes. Right before giving them away I read the labels, said they were from XXX airlines. Lovely and soft fabrics.
Might even make nice backing for a small quilt.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-13-2011 09:07 AM

Of course we understand!! I'm so excited just reading this!! :D
Can you post a pic?? Please?????? hee hee
I'm in LUV with vintage machines !!!

IrishNY 08-13-2011 09:09 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup:

trif 08-13-2011 09:15 AM

How exciting for you, score!

np3 08-13-2011 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Of course we understand!! I'm so excited just reading this!! :D
Can you post a pic?? Please?????? hee hee
I'm in LUV with vintage machines !!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

blueangel 08-13-2011 01:03 PM

Excited for you

debbieumphress 08-13-2011 01:24 PM

Score. I was exciting reading how excited you were. You don't need a large space to enjoy quilting. Have fun with your new toy.

tmg 08-13-2011 01:47 PM

I'm so happy for your great find. :-D