Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm so upset I could cry (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-so-upset-i-could-cry-t81737.html)

blzzrdqueen 12-09-2010 02:42 PM

I was working my my nieces bow tuck bag this evening and my walking foot broke :( My machine seizes with the foot attached. I took the foot apart thinking it needed to be cleaned but there are so many little pieces and I think I lost a couple little pieces and now I can't get it back together. I'm so sad. I have to order a new one now and there are no local shops that carry accessories for my machine so I have to order it online...

I just needed to vent...I think I'll go cry and bury my walking foot in the backyard :(

sahm4605 12-09-2010 02:44 PM

sending you lots of {{{{{HUGS}}}}} there is nothing worse than when things break and we try to fix them and it makes it worse. I am so sorry. it will be okay. just use your machine with the 1/4" foot or another foot that you can mark the 1/4" mark.

blzzrdqueen 12-09-2010 02:45 PM

It's not so much the 1/4 " part I'm worried about, the bow tuck is thick and it won't feed through without the walking foot. Who knows how long it will take for it to come in if I order it, and this is supposed to be a gift for christmas :(

maine ladybug 12-09-2010 02:55 PM

Don't cry. It will be okay. Just remember to ask yourself...."In five years will this really matter?"
Good thougths coming your way.

davidwent 12-09-2010 03:11 PM

I'm sorry to hear tis so close to Christmas. Just my 2 cents maybe you should order 2 or 3 if you can just in case?

David

blzzrdqueen 12-09-2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by davidwent
I'm sorry to hear tis so close to Christmas. Just my 2 cents maybe you should order 2 or 3 if you can just in case?

David

I would, but money is very tight so I'll only be able to get one. I'm hoping to not pay an arm and a leg for it. I'm taking the machine to Joann's tomorrow in hope they have a generic walking foot that will fit my machine.

QuiltSage 12-09-2010 03:48 PM

Forget the walking foot. Put on your darning foot and free-motion quilt.

Bubblegum0077 12-09-2010 03:55 PM

Good idea QuiltSage. That would be better since pushing it thru wouldn't be an issue. If you cant find a walking foot take QuiltSage's idea and finish your project with what you have. Good luck.

CraftsByRobin 12-09-2010 03:58 PM

Check Hancock ... they have walking feet as well ... so there may be a generic there ... if you have a Hancock ...

When I ordered mine online, I had it in no time flat ... I pray you get yours quickly!

Ladyjanedoe 12-09-2010 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
I was working my my nieces bow tuck bag this evening and my walking foot broke :( My machine seizes with the foot attached. I took the foot apart thinking it needed to be cleaned but there are so many little pieces and I think I lost a couple little pieces and now I can't get it back together. I'm so sad. I have to order a new one now and there are no local shops that carry accessories for my machine so I have to order it online...

I just needed to vent...I think I'll go cry and bury my walking foot in the backyard :(

What kind of machine do you have ? Perhaps someone here
might have an extra?