Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm still in disbelief and overwhelmed! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-still-disbelief-overwhelmed-t238451.html)

wpbmommy1 01-09-2014 06:07 AM

I'm still in disbelief and overwhelmed!

I own a Singer Simple 3116 machine and if you know it, you know that it is a very basic machine. I sew and quilt on it. I also have my mother's Kenmore that I use. I arrived home from work yesterday to find a HUGE box on the dining room table, wrapped in Christmas paper.

After confirming that it was left for me (I called my SO asking what it was and he told me to open it and to find out) I ripped it open and found...

A brand new Babylock Melody!!!!

Quick back story: I chose a Melody as dream machine after months of research. At first I wanted a Pfaff QE 4.2 (just can't afford it), then a Janome 6600P (no free arm), then a Janome 7700 (just can't afford it), then I looked at Babylock and decided that the Melody was the perfect one with just enough fancy stuff to keep me busy, with room to grow, and it was less than 2K.

Anyway, one thing after another happened, and I was unable to buy it (tuition, car problems, etc.) and although I hinted (strongly) at it for Christmas (I left brochures all over the house, I know, not so subtle) , SO said that it too big of an expense right now. I completely understood and although I was a little sad, but it gave me something to work toward in 2014.

Flash forward-----> to this beautiful piece of machinery sitting on my table. I haven't fully unpacked it. I want time to sit and read and learn how to use it. I'll be visiting the shop where he purchased it from soon. I had no idea he was going there and talking to them and setting it all up (he took one of the many brochures I left).

I cried when I finally opened the box. I actually let it sit there for a few hours afraid to open it. It still has all the packing on it.

I am so happy I can barely contain myself!!!!!!!!!!!!

patricej 01-09-2014 06:09 AM

congratulations!!! :)

alleyoop1 01-09-2014 06:20 AM

Congratulations and best wishes as you learn and enjoy your new machine.

Bilben 01-09-2014 06:22 AM

What a great SO you have! Congratulations!!

tessagin 01-09-2014 06:23 AM

Congratulations. What a wonderful belated Christmas/New Year's gift.

Belfrybat 01-09-2014 06:25 AM

What a wonderful gift! I hope you have many years sewing on it. Maybe make something for SO first?

Quiltngolfer 01-09-2014 06:28 AM

I am so happy for you! Sounds like he's a keeper. You will have joy every time you sew on your new machine now thinking about the nice surprise. Have a wonderful time getting to know Melody.

nabobw 01-09-2014 06:35 AM

What is a SO

Lori S 01-09-2014 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by nabobw (Post 6502234)
What is a SO

Significant Other

Tartan 01-09-2014 06:40 AM

​Congratulations!