Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm a VIP at Jo-Anns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-vip-jo-anns-t58239.html)

gale 08-07-2010 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by karenchi
Yes, purchases....JoAnn site says 10% of TOTAL PURCHASES
It includes using your discount coupons also

OK what got me confused is that you said "did not accept it as 10% on purchases" and then said "only goods you bought". So in other words they did not give you the 10% off when you bought something? I think I'm not getting it.

As for coupons, I think mine says not to be used with coupons. The register automatically takes the 10% off and it takes it off everything but the items that used coupons.

gale 08-07-2010 03:55 PM

OK I'm looking and on the back it says cannot be combined with any other discount coupons. Also says not good on remnants. The website just says some exclusions apply and to read the card for more information.

It says it must be presented with ID and proof of membership but they've never asked for those.

ncsewer 08-07-2010 03:59 PM

I have one and it applies to anything that is not purchased with a coupon. I got a vendor's license to do some craft shows and inquired how it would work at JoAnn's. When I purchase fabric or thread (anything that was part of something I'd be selling) I don't pay sales tax. Except, now I have to collect sales tax and send it to the government. I guess I'll never quite get how that's supposed to benefit the small business person! Anyway, when I was inquiring how that worked, the JoAnn's manager gave me the card. It all helps!

karenchi 08-07-2010 03:59 PM

Non-Profit Discount Card
Who Qualifies?
Any organization with a 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit tax status can qualify for Jo-Ann Non-Profit membership status. As a Jo-Ann Non-Profit member, you'll save 10% on every total purchase*, including regular- and sale-priced items at any Jo-Ann store.

Of course, there is an * and I don't have the card so I don't know what is on back.

Karen

gale 08-07-2010 04:05 PM

I don't think the non-profit card is the one most people here have or could get. The VIP card which is given to store owners, guild members, etc is the one. Both have the * and below the first paragraph there is a * and it says Some exclusions apply. See card for details. And on the card it says it can't be used with a coupon.

Become a Jo-Ann VIP & save 10% on every purchase!

If you are a reseller, member of a professional sewing or crafting organization, or an interior design professional, you can become a Jo-Ann VIP! As a Jo-Ann VIP, you'll save 10% on every total purchase*, including regular- and sale-priced items, at any Jo-Ann store or at Joann.comŽ.

*Some exclusions apply. See card for details.
Who Qualifies?

Resellers, sewing and crafting guilds, associations, professional organizations and interior design professionals all qualify for Jo-Ann VIP membership status.

pojo 08-07-2010 04:20 PM

What quilting board member card.

Kaye 08-07-2010 05:36 PM

I am a member of the American Sewing Guild so I have a 10% off everything discount card. I am also a teacher so I have a 15% off regular priced items. So........I use my 15% card when I am paying full price and my 10% card when I am buying items on sale. However, you can not use a 40% off one item coupon and a discount card on the same item.

Boscobd 08-07-2010 08:48 PM

I also am a member of the ASG - that's where my JoAnn's 10% discount came from. This year, I had to show both my ASG membership card and a picture ID at JoAnn's in order to have it validated. Not sure why so much extra scrutinization - never had to do so in the past.

DebraK 08-07-2010 08:49 PM

That and a nickel might buy you a cup of coffee ;-)

I kid, My grandpa always said that to me.

shamrock 08-08-2010 12:57 PM

Well, I stopped in today, bought some quarters & phony flowers, handed her this VIP card, and while I'm looking for my QCA membership, she just looked at the card, took 10% off and gave it back. I left!