Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Inexpensive Replacement blades for rotary cutter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/inexpensive-replacement-blades-rotary-cutter-t124248.html)

DonnaCee 05-20-2011 08:24 AM

The other item(s) are the suction holders for your rulers. They have a double for large rulers and a single for smaller ones. I forget the exact price but they are rediculously cheaper than buying them through a quilting source.
Donna

nonymac 05-20-2011 09:02 AM

Cool - we have one of those stores not to far from where I work - looks like I'm going to make an unexpected stop tonight :)

judyrael 05-20-2011 09:19 AM

Do you need the Fiskar cutter to fit these blades. What kind of rotary cutter are you putting the blades on?

BECOOLWRAPS 05-20-2011 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by judyrael
Do you need the Fiskar cutter to fit these blades. What kind of rotary cutter are you putting the blades on?

Thanks for asking this - I am wondering too if my Olfa cutter can be used with these blades. Although I am from Canada, I am 10 minutes from the US border and there is a Harbour Freight in Bellingham (about 40 minutes from home). So, it looks like a small trip might be worthwhile.

Bmanmommy 05-20-2011 09:37 AM

They are great.

I actually have extras (hubby cleaned them out last time he went) if anyone is interested in purchasing these from me.

cargeo 05-20-2011 09:41 AM

I ordered on line and with shipping 6 blades only came to $11.00 +or- a few cents and that was to Maine.l

jljack 05-20-2011 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by jacee kay
I was very disapointed when I went they were out of blades. Would have 32 pkgs next day. We live about 60 miles from Tulsa so I won't be back for a while.

I just wanted to add that I had the same incident, with local HF out and not getting restock for several weeks...so I went online and got the blades at the sale price, and bought 10 packs at the same shipping cost (which is a little high, so be sure you notice that!), and still ended up with the blades costing less than $1.50 each!! What a deal!! And they work perfectly...no quality issues at all.

fraydknot12326 05-20-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by IdahoSandy
I also went to Harbor Freight and brought 2 pkgs of these blades and did not have very good luck using my Olfa 45mm rotary cutter. It cut my material like a worn out blade and had to take the scissors to finish cutting. Think I will invest my money in a electric sharpner for rotary blades.
IdahoSandy

I order some, too, and used the first one last night and had the same experience .. I was *very* disappointed :|
I also read on one of my groups, another lady had the same experience ... I'm *not* say they're bad blades ~ just can't figure it out.

Diane819 05-20-2011 10:31 AM

I told a friend to bring her rotary cutter and we were going on a shopping trip. She had no idea what I had in mind so she just followed me. My Harbor Freight doesn't carry them - Jacksonville, FL! We were both dissappointed!

EagarBeez 05-20-2011 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by jacee kay
I was very disapointed when I went they were out of blades. Would have 32 pkgs next day. We live about 60 miles from Tulsa so I won't be back for a while.

You can purchase them online that is what I did. I have yet to try them, but, I bought 10 packages