Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Info About Electric Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/info-about-electric-quilt-t18064.html)

susan_m 03-24-2009 09:21 AM

Hello Folks:

I am going to assume that many of you have or have used Electric Quilt. I am toying with the idea of purchasing the software. I am tired of drawing my brain children out on graph paper.

I would appreciate any pro and cons about the software.

Thank you in advance for any of your thoughts, comments, and suggestions.

Susan/Texas

littlehud 03-24-2009 09:29 AM

I thought about this software for over a year before buying. The only thing holding me back was the thought of spending that amount of money on something I might not use. I took the plunge about two weeks ago. All I can say is why did I wait so long. I love it. I can create any quilt design that pops into my head and download the fabric I will be using and see my quilt as it will look before I even cut my fabric. I say go for it. you will not regret it.

Rhonda 03-24-2009 10:01 AM

I have had my EQ5 for about three years and I wouldn't be without it. I sell my small stuff to a local store so I work on my Eq a lot!!! It allows me to put in my own fabric and I use it to record ideas of things I want to do. I probably have several thousand designs on it. Plus I can come up with things I never thought of by turning blocks and seeing new ways to use the quilt block.

I highly recommend EQ!!! It is easy to use. It may take a little time to get to know all of it's features but it is worth the effort.

One caution: If you want to add your fabric be aware that when you scan your fabric you need to change the size of your file to a smaller version 200px before you upload it into your EQ

I didn't and I ran out of memory. The service rep said I needed to go back and change all the pictures of fabric to a smaller file. I had too many to go back and do that I would have had to change all those designs!!

Ijust watch the size of my file now!! Hope this helps!!

sewnsewer2 03-24-2009 10:54 AM

I also have EQ5 and love it! You won't be sorry if you get it.

Harmony 03-24-2009 11:55 AM

Everyone I know who has it love it! I use mine several times a week, And it's FUN!!!!

ScubaK 03-24-2009 12:31 PM

I got mine a couple of weeks ago like Littlehud...
I have been doing the lessons and haven't spent a great deal of time with it yet.
I did wait and ponder for over a year before I bought it as well.
Why? Why? did I wait soooo long.
Great program and I just colored in a log cabin last night and the DH was impressed.
:D
Go for it!
K

BellaBoo 03-24-2009 08:12 PM

I've had every version since it was on floppy discs. EQ use to mail out a big newsletter by snail mail. I still have those. I still haven't mastered all there is to do with it. It's great. You can go to the website and download all the new fabric lines into the EQ program. You can scan your fabric into the program and design you quilt using fabric you have. EQ 6 is extra nice. I still think it could be more user friendly but it's the best quilt software I've used. EQ has loads of software programs to use with it. Use to be a lot of quilt design programs available but I think only two are still going strong. EQ and Quilt Pro. I have Foundation Factory and it great, that's just for Carol Doak's paper piecing.

BlueChicken 03-24-2009 08:18 PM

I have it, and it's fantastic.

You do need to spend the time doing the tutorials, otherwise you don't really get the full benefits. But the possibilities are limitless.

:-)

susan_m 03-25-2009 05:58 PM

Thank you to all for your wonderful information about EQ-6. I have decided to bite the bullet (so to speak) and purchase the software - Electric Quilt 6.

I have found Soft Expressions gives a $20.00 discount on the purchase. They won my purchase. Thank you all again. You are all great. Just in the short time of my tenure... so you have been very supportive.

I have also purchased (crazy perhaps I am) the Fab-U -Motion for my CV because of my hands. I thought this would help me do stippling and free motion quilting. I have not heard very postive reports on it. Oh Woo.

Thank you so very much again to all.

Susan/Texas

littlehud 03-25-2009 06:04 PM

I am so happy you decided to get it. I know you will not regret it. Have fun. And congrats on finding a great buy.