Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Insane Sales at Hancock Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/insane-sales-hancock-fabric-t186488.html)

misslissatx 04-20-2012 03:55 AM

I shop for groceries because I "have" to. I do not enjoy clothes shopping. But let me walk into a fabric or quilt store and I could be there for hours and spend more money than I have. I have decided that I have to sew up at least 2 pieces of fabric before I can buy another piece. Of course, when I go to make a quilt and need 6 different fabrics and I only have 2 that I feel will work, well then. . . . . shopping I must go. I think it is the best "disease" ever.

Spotty 04-20-2012 04:14 AM

Boy do I know what your talking about. 2 weeks ago I went in to get a new light bulb for my sewing machine and the next thing I knew, I went home with a new light bulb and a new sewing machine. Of course , I had been wanting a lighter machine to take to classes for a few years. And it 's only 11 pounds. My lifting days are over, and my other machines are really heavy for me. So I was glad I got it. And it was on sale. And it was the last one she had. And when she ordered she knew the prices would be higher. So how could I not buy the machine. See how I thought it all through. So here I am with one new light bulb and one new sewing machine.

hoppa 04-20-2012 05:32 AM

Understand that well as went to checkout a new place and bought all clearance fabric and spent $175 which was a whole weeks disability for me

Caswews 04-20-2012 05:35 AM

Wow ! ya all sound like me !LOL I go into a fabric store and out I walk with more than I planned !LOL I wish there was a Hancock's here, but I wrote them and they said they would never put one here due to the lack of people (well my interpretation of their letter!LOL). Oh well their loss !
Great job !! Super Haul !!

judi43 04-20-2012 05:38 AM

I think all of us quilters have very little will power when it comes to buying fabric!!!

suzanprincess 04-20-2012 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by judi43 (Post 5156330)
I think all of us quilters have very little will power when it comes to buying fabric!!!

I think I have plenty of Will Power: I WILL buy that piece, and that one, and oh yes I WILL have some of those.... :p

anniesews 04-20-2012 06:36 AM

That was some sale!

IAmCatOwned 04-20-2012 07:14 AM

Yep. I have the disease as well. However, I'm currently paying for a Bernina and have just bought (and need to pick up) a Jenome Gem. I am on a fabric moratorium (except for swaps) for the rest of the year and it's killing me already.

Quiltmaniac2010 04-20-2012 07:14 AM

Score!!! Great haul! I live 1 1/2 hours away from the closest fabric store. Luckily, I have a stash that looks like a fabric store.....

justflyingin 04-20-2012 07:40 AM

I didn't realize the sale just started. I went to a Hancock's in Greenwood, IN yesterday and saw the table full of fabric. Actually, several tables full of 50% off. nice selection. Too bad I only had 10 minutes as we were on our way somewhere else...