Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Inspiration strikes in funny places..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/inspiration-strikes-funny-places-t42289.html)

lisalovesquilting 04-11-2010 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by adrianlee
I agree and there are much worse things to be addicted to

I think we'll know if the quilt addition becomes a national health concern when we see "pushers" on the streets with little rolls of half-quarters and we are lined up to get our "score". We'll turn into gangs and pelt each other with fabric. By the way these are "words" I learned watching Law & Order.[/quote]

:lol: So funny! Thanks for the laugh.

I go To The Sea To Breathe 04-12-2010 06:15 AM

One of my ring tones on my cell is the theme to Law and Order.

cjomomma 04-12-2010 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting

Originally Posted by adrianlee
I agree and there are much worse things to be addicted to

I think we'll know if the quilt addition becomes a national health concern when we see "pushers" on the streets with little rolls of half-quarters and we are lined up to get our "score". We'll turn into gangs and pelt each other with fabric. By the way these are "words" I learned watching Law & Order.

:lol: So funny! Thanks for the laugh.[/quote]

That was good. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maryb119 04-12-2010 04:23 PM

Welcome to the club. Ideas for quilts are everywhere!!

jojo47 04-15-2010 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by I come to the sea to breathe
My DD still contends that we all need a "12 step program" for our quilting . I said No, that's why we don't need a 12 step program, because we have the quilting board members and we quilt...sometimes it is more looking at fabric online, somedays it is sitting at the sewing machine and like yesterday the whole day revolved trying to get the iron to my kids quilt so I could press and put together....Oh, well, today is a brand new day. I did get the iron into the same room as the machine and the quilt. Maybe today after soccer practice. Have a great day. Hope I don't have to stop at the QS on the way home from soccer practice...HA HA

Nah...we don't need a 12-step program! WE're fine just as we are! And Bronnnyb, welcome to the board and the wonderful addicting world of quilting!

Oklahoma Suzie 04-15-2010 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
We plan our lives around quilt shops, sewing and reading this Board.

we sure do

dsb38327 04-15-2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Welcome to the world of addicted quilting!! There is no hope for you now, so just give in and enjoy it!!! :lol: :lol:

Ditto. The quiltingboard had invisible super glue that grabs your mind and holds you hostage reading, reading, reading. Welcome.

cjomomma 04-15-2010 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Welcome to the world of addicted quilting!! There is no hope for you now, so just give in and enjoy it!!! :lol: :lol:

Ditto. The quiltingboard had invisible super glue that grabs your mind and holds you hostage reading, reading, reading. Welcome.

That is so true. This board to me is like face book to my kids.

maryb119 04-15-2010 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by jojo47

Originally Posted by I come to the sea to breathe
My DD still contends that we all need a "12 step program" for our quilting . I said No, that's why we don't need a 12 step program, because we have the quilting board members and we quilt...sometimes it is more looking at fabric online, somedays it is sitting at the sewing machine and like yesterday the whole day revolved trying to get the iron to my kids quilt so I could press and put together....Oh, well, today is a brand new day. I did get the iron into the same room as the machine and the quilt. Maybe today after soccer practice. Have a great day. Hope I don't have to stop at the QS on the way home from soccer practice...HA HA

Nah...we don't need a 12-step program! WE're fine just as we are! And Bronnnyb, welcome to the board and the wonderful addicting world of quilting!

Aren't there 12 steps to make a quilt? They are the only 12 steps I need..........

1. Think about the design.

2. Find a pattern.

3. Decide on a different pattern.

4. Look in stash for fabric.

5. Didnt find the right fabric in the stash so go to the quilt shop.

6. Go to the next quilt shop.

7. Look in stash again.

8. Look at more patterns.

9. Pet Fabric.

10.Prewash fabric.

11. Pet fabric again.

12. Make quilt.

cjomomma 04-15-2010 04:22 PM

I love that 12 step program.