Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Inspiration (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/inspiration-t87901.html)

michelehuston 01-05-2011 03:00 PM

It has been a really hectic crazy last couple of months but things have finally started to slow down. I really thought that I would be able to get busy and work on my wips and ufos but for some reason I can't seem to find the energy (for lack of a better word) to pick a needle and work on any quilting! Can anyone please give me some great words of wisdom to motivate me? I just don't know what my problem is!!

plainjane 01-05-2011 03:03 PM

Just lurking for good answers. I suffer from this also:) I'm thinking it is just the downer after the push for getting ready for the holidays (being focused) and now no focus.

hobo2000 01-05-2011 03:12 PM

I suffer this also. My way out is small steps. I force myself to do something toward a quilt 15 min. tonight, 1.2 hr. tomorrow night and so on. Usually by the 3rd or 4th night I'm getting excited and the rush takes over and I am on my way. Hope it helps, it works for me.

Cyn 01-05-2011 03:14 PM

A cup of hot tea. A to do list in order of some kind. Start with a small ufo and the bug will bite you again.

featherweight 01-05-2011 03:43 PM

Maybe you are not in the mood to do any thing on them. If I am not in the mood I won't start as I know I will make a mistake!!! So no big deal if you don't sew everyday!!

Raggiemom 01-05-2011 03:48 PM

If I'm not in the quilting mood, I generally make mistakes. Sometimes it's best to just take a break for a few days until you feel like quilting again. Look at some of the pictures and see all the fun stuff you could make!

ScrapQuilter 01-05-2011 03:53 PM

Let me know when you find the answer.... I too am having a hard time getting back into quilting..... maybe it is the jet lag of Christmas... what do you think???

StitchinJoy 01-05-2011 03:57 PM

To every thing there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven.

Maybe it's not time for quilting for you. Maybe it's time for introspection, reading, decluttering, yoga class, visiting friends. Think about what would make you happiest and most fulfilled right now and try to find some time to do that.

I bet the urge to quilt will return to you some time.

jljack 01-05-2011 04:07 PM

I think we all suffer from this at one time or another. The worst is when you really have a deadline for a quilt, and you just cannot get "into" that project!! YIKES!! It about kills me!

Anyway, just browse some quilting magazines or look online for a small fun project that catches your eye and imagination. Do something really small...a pincushion, needle case, etc. That may help inspire you to something. Or, try organizing your fabrics...just putting groups of fabrics together can spark some enthusiasm.

Good luck. I've been in the doldrums myself several times. Not a nice place to spend much time!! :-)

LivelyLady 01-05-2011 04:34 PM

I can't seem to get back into the swing of it either. Maybe I need another trip to the LQS?