Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   International Quilt Festival in Ireland (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/international-quilt-festival-ireland-t170090.html)

dublb 11-28-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by imanoni (Post 4727660)
Will let you know all about it...
Laurel

Lots & lots of picts so we can see it through you!!!:) Seriously have a great time & show us picts.:thumbup:

dublb 11-28-2011 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by gollytwo (Post 4729476)
Take lots of pictures, so that when you post them we get to go too.

Oops sorry didn't realize you had already asked for picts.:o
imanoni do you get the idea we want to see picts?

lots2do 11-28-2011 02:22 PM

Wow, I am really excited for you. Ireland is a wonderful place. I only got to spend about 3 days there so I hope to be able to go back someday. (Clearwater is a pretty special place, too!)

IBQUILTIN 11-28-2011 05:14 PM

Since I can't go along, please take lots and lots of pictures and post them so we can feel like we were there with you.

GreatStarter 11-28-2011 07:59 PM

Good for you!!! Wish I could go but it's not in my budget right now. Next time you are "up north" IM me. We must live really close by.

Kat

imanoni 12-01-2011 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by imanoni (Post 4727482)
I am not a new member, I mostly lurk... but I have been up in upstate NY at my "Little house in the big woods" and now that I am home in Florida, I am trying to play catch-up. I am wondering if anyone reading this is going to the International Quilt Festival in Ireland next summer. I turned 69 in October and decided if I am ever going to do "anything" I'd better start, so I am going, and I am taking my son Andy. While I do quilty things, he will be "digging up ancestors", he's a genealogist. I am going with the travel agency called "Sew Many Places".

I hope if any of you actually plan on calling googling and calling "Sew Many Places" and decide to sign up for the trip to Ireland, please send me a message because I'd get credit for recommending someone. I went on a quilters cruise with this company in about 2004 and it was wonderful...Jim West is the owner, he's on FB...so am I.

luckylindy333 12-01-2011 08:47 PM

I went to the Quilt Festival in London in 1998 with a quilt group. It was wonderful- have a great time and bring back lots of pictures!

~Linda~

idbnvs2 12-01-2011 08:59 PM

I am going as well, I am so excited, look forward to meeting you.

Judi

MaryAnnMc 02-26-2012 12:51 PM

I just stumbled on your post, and I had hoped to go myself, but alas it's early June. My daughter is getting married the end of the month, so no go for me. Drats! Have a wonderful time, Ireland is the most friendly place I've ever been (and I've been twice).

BTW, I grew up in the Chittenango area, and my daughter lives in Clearwater! What a small world.

Maureen 02-26-2012 01:14 PM

I have been to Ireland about 10 years ago. I wasn't a quilter then so I have never heard of this Quilt Show. I bet it will be wonderful though. Have a wonderful time and join the board and show us the beautiful fabrics and pictures from your trip.