Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Intimated!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/intimated-t124946.html)

Johanna Fritz 05-23-2011 05:25 AM

[quote=wolfkitty][quote=Shemomof4]

Originally Posted by Charlee
Get some cheap fabic...go to goodwill or a second hand store to get it, and get after it! Cut, slice, dice, mess up, do it perfect, and practice!! :) I have faith in you...I KNOW you can do it, you just need faith in yourself! ;)

Just don't be too hard on yourself if the REALLY cheap stuff doesn't cut perfectly...sometimes the weave is uneven, it seems to stretch more etc. You can always practice on your scraps too. Fabric that has lived its life in a project already wouldn't mind being sliced and diced again.

:)

Rose Bagwell 05-23-2011 06:28 AM

I would suggest that you use leftover material and start cutting blocks/ strips in different sizes til you build up your confidence. You could always use the cut blocks/strips to make a scrappy quilt. Have fun.

Shemomof4 05-23-2011 06:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ube quilting
You have to do it to learn it! We all fall off the bike the first time and burn a cake, and over water a plant and, and and....... DO IT GIRL!!!! It's how we learn!!! I still have some fabric in my stash that I love so much I still can't cut it and the other fabric that I still love, I love more after it is used up into lovley quilts. Good luck, be brave. Maybe try a small project to get started like a table runner or wall hanging!

SHEMOmOF4: you have 4 kids! What are you afraid of?

:lol: so true(the 4 kids Part) thank you!

Shemomof4 05-23-2011 06:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you all for the encouragement! and your right its just material! How bad can it be! Well Here goes! Wish me luck will post pics when I am done! (still nervous though) :?

ShirlinAZ 05-23-2011 07:00 AM

We have nothing to fear, but fear itself! So said FDR. Now go for it! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

BrendaK 05-23-2011 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Shemomof4

Originally Posted by ube quilting
You have to do it to learn it! We all fall off the bike the first time and burn a cake, and over water a plant and, and and....... DO IT GIRL!!!! It's how we learn!!! I still have some fabric in my stash that I love so much I still can't cut it and the other fabric that I still love, I love more after it is used up into lovley quilts. Good luck, be brave. Maybe try a small project to get started like a table runner or wall hanging!

SHEMOmOF4: you have 4 kids! What are you afraid of?

:lol: so true(the 4 kids Part) thank you!

:thumbup: Girl you have 4 kids (that's the hard part) cutting your fabric will be a piece of cake after the first slice. Go for it. You will be so proud of yourself. BrendaK

Linda5734 05-23-2011 07:48 AM

I am not afraid of cutting fabric. I always worry if I will have enough if I make a mistake and I think some is just procrasting.

grammysharon 05-23-2011 07:52 AM

There have been times that I have had fabric that I just hate to cute because it is so beautiful! :-)

loriea 05-23-2011 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Shemomof4
I have no idea why, but I'm so intimidated by cutting my fabric! any ideas as to how to overcome my fears! My wonderful MIL has cut all my fabrics and even though I watch very closely I get home and just avoid it all together. Help me! :cry:

I too get intimitated, especially if it is expensive fabric or a kit knowng getting more fabric is not always possible. I usually wait until I can work uninterupted (sometimes that takes a while :) and am not too tired.

Grandma Peg 05-23-2011 08:08 AM

You are lucky to have your MIL do this for you. Someday soon you will be ready to do it.