Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   iPad and Quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ipad-quilting-t166262.html)

Karenowc 11-07-2011 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Emerinefamily56 (Post 4646380)
I love my Ipad2!!! I get my emails, take pics, download books to read, play games, banking, directions, watch Direct TV, get coupons, Skype and FaceTime with my grandkids. I would be lost without it.
I did not get the IPad with the G3 options. Everyone has Free WIFI so you really don't need the the G3. I had a IPad and my husband loved it so and went out and got me the Ipad2. Lol

Woah there! You can watch Direct TV on there? Is it an ap? I have Direct and didn't know this!

gardnergal970 11-08-2011 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingHaven (Post 4636609)
I love my iPad. I have been making quilted Christmas decorations and put the directions on my iPad including the detailed pictures, set it up on my sewing table and go to work. Also, I have subscribed to Pons&Porter magazine and beside getting the actual magazine, I have access to download it to my iPad earlier than the actual magazine comes and took it with me to the doctor's office and had my on magazine instead of Field and Stream.

I downloaded a quilt book but can't figure out how to print the templates so I know I have the correct sizes so I've hesitated to buy more quilt patterns. I would appreciate some help with this problem. I do use my iPad2 all of the time. My DH gave it to me for my birthday/Christmas this year. He got one for himself too so after breakfast, we sit with our coffee and read mail, and news. I haven't gotten to the point that I take it with me shopping but I take it on trips and usually find a WiFi hookup. I didn't know how much I would like it and had decided I wouldn't buy myself one but love the fact that DH surprised me with one!

Krisb 11-08-2011 09:13 AM

To print from you IPad you need a wireless printer.

gardnergal970 11-08-2011 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Krisb (Post 4652440)
To print from you IPad you need a wireless printer.

I can print from my iPad but how do you print only one page, and how do you select that page? I can't find anyway to highlight and select the print area.

lucky_alf2 11-08-2011 10:11 AM

I have an iPad as well. I love it!! I love the BLockfab app:) I can play with that for hours. Check out the HBO Go app if you have HBO via cable... you can watch all sorts of movies on your ipad!! *There are lots of other networks online as well ...TBS, ABC, etc so you can watch some of your favorite TV shows too.*

ann31039 11-08-2011 10:28 AM

i've been looking at the tablets. i think ive about talked myself into one. and a friend who is a manager at best buy says they are having some awesome sales on black friday. so maybe.............

Sarawall 11-08-2011 06:08 PM

I take notes during the sermon at church. I like it that way because I used to write on the back of the bulletin and eventually throw all the notes away. With my iPad, I can keep all my notes and refer back to them later.

Gramily 11-08-2011 08:11 PM

Next to my Baby Lock, my iPad is my favorite device. I am intertained, communicate, play, listen to music and books, it's my cook book. But I Didn't know about the kindle app!!! Thanks for that.

nonnaof5 11-09-2011 05:54 AM

Gosh, the more I read the more confused I am. My grandson thinks there is nothing but Apple products in the world. Then there are Kindles, Nooks Droid phones, e-books. I have a PC, and my kids think I'm untrainable, but do most of these things do the same things? Is there a web site that compares these items so one can figure out what they do and don't do? I'll read about something and think, that's what I want. Then I hear about something else and that seems to get my attention. I get overwhelmed and say to myself, I'll deal with this another day. So all of this to say, how did you decide on the product you have?

onaemtnest 11-09-2011 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sarawall (Post 4654595)
I take notes during the sermon at church. I like it that way because I used to write on the back of the bulletin and eventually throw all the notes away. With my iPad, I can keep all my notes and refer back to them later.

What a great idea! Since our fellowship has all the messages online too that would be an easy way to correlate and keep track of my notes!