Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   iPad and Quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ipad-quilting-t166262.html)

onaemtnest 11-05-2011 11:08 AM

DH and kids bought me the ACER HONEYCOMB, took me to Best Buy and said, get what you want/need for your birthday! Great hubby and kids :0) I wanted one next to my sewing machine to watch tutorials...I'm such a visual learner!

I compared different brands and decided that the honeycomb system on the Acer was what I wanted...it had a larger screen ~ larger on screen keypad were the main reasons. It had all the apps I could imagine wanting and they're adding more all the time. iPad definitely has more apps available and that was the only complaint I heard.

I'm not an expert, but I would suggest anyone considering buying any tablet take your time and compare the many different brands out there. All the whistles and bells available, and everyone has different ideas what is the 'perfect' brand/model is best.

sewwhat85 11-05-2011 11:16 AM

that would be a good reason to get the new kindle

cindi 11-05-2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85 (Post 4636778)
that would be a good reason to get the new kindle

One thing you may want to watch with the new Kindle - the screen is 2" smaller than the iPad. That means everything will be smaller. If you've got good eyes, it won't be a problem. If not....

Also, if your printer is wireless, there's a couple of apps out there that allow you to print from your wireless printer. Just be sure your printer is compatible before downloading it. I also have the app called Files2 (files squared), which I save all my PDF's to. I have one section for patterns, one for pictures, etc. Keeps them all categorized.

Lucymae 11-05-2011 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Nana2Sew (Post 4636184)
After reading your post........I need/want to buy an iPad!

Me too !!!!

KarenR 11-05-2011 11:33 AM

I have it on my Christmas list.

BarbaraA 11-05-2011 12:57 PM

I love my iPad. Got it last year for Christmas. I have a ton of quilting patterns on it. It is perfect for tutorials while sewing, right next to your sewing machine. Oh it is perfect in kitchen with online recipes. Oh, magazines also! I have some quilting apps, one that will find quilt shops by gps, so perfect when traveling. And many hours on the quilting board, on the couch, laying in bed, in my sewing room!

whereaminow 11-05-2011 03:35 PM

I love-love-love my I-Pad 2. It has a default camera app called Phone Booth that allows you to change the 'type' of picture you take (i.e. x-ray, mirror, thermal, kaleidoscope, etc.) The kaleidoscope is absolutely my favorite when I'm at the fabric store. It is amazing the different looks you can get with one fabric, depending on what section you are looking at. A great tool if you like making kaleidoscope blocks/quilts. And it's fun for other stuff, too (he-he-he).

denidesigns 11-05-2011 05:05 PM

Good idea for using Ipad. my son has one and uses it all the time. My I can get one for christmas or my birthday.

ChrisB 11-05-2011 05:22 PM

I use my iPad for a bit of everything. Quilt board, word processing, spreadsheets and lots of photos Love the app I got to help me lose 30 lbs and my DH 20 lbs.

Nurse Jan 11-05-2011 05:56 PM

I don't have an ipad but I have a Galaxy Tab with a kindle app. I'll have to check and see if I can download the neat stuff.