Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   iPods and Sewing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ipods-sewing-t120043.html)

Stitchnripper 05-01-2011 10:36 AM

I think it would have to have a touch screen like the iPhone. Anyone know if this the case?

lalaland 05-01-2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
I think it would have to have a touch screen like the iPhone. Anyone know if this the case?

I don't know, I emailed my son to ask him if I could do what you originally suggested. He's the technological sound one in our family!

Airwick156 05-01-2011 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I think the IPod Touch is much better for books then IPOD. I can download all the free books from Amazon to read on the go and all the audio books to listen too. The IPod Touch has more features other then just music and books. You can download all the IPhone apps on it too, even the quilting apps. No monthly fees. If you are in a wi fi zone you have full internet use. I can check email or read this board, watch youtube, just it's on a small screen. I love my IpodTouch. I can record radio programs and listen to them when I want. I enjoy talk radio.

I use my ITouch and I have my kindle downloaded on it and I so I read while at the doctors office, the beach at restuarants, etc. Now for my Kindle, there is an option to have the kindle read outloud and I just put on my earbuds and have it read to me.

BellaBoo 05-01-2011 11:05 AM

Love the Kindle! All my kids have one and DH loves his, and he is the one that says No Thanks to anything 'computerish'.

justflyingin 05-01-2011 11:31 AM

Just a comment here...

Many of the books with overdrive media are in Windows Media Player. I'm not sure if Ipods play those files.

Just want to warn you. I have a creative Zen and I'm extremely happy with mine. It plays mp3 files, or WMA without any problems.

I wanted to add that people have said that I must have the "patience of a saint" when I've worked on my scrappy quilts (1.5" inch strips). Not so. I enjoy listening to my books and sometimes I keep sewing because I'm enjoying the story so much! :)

Stitchnripper 05-01-2011 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin
Just a comment here...

Many of the books with overdrive media are in Windows Media Player. I'm not sure if Ipods play those files.

Just want to warn you. I have a creative Zen and I'm extremely happy with mine. It plays mp3 files, or WMA without any problems.

I wanted to add that people have said that I must have the "patience of a saint" when I've worked on my scrappy quilts (1.5" inch strips). Not so. I enjoy listening to my books and sometimes I keep sewing because I'm enjoying the story so much! :)

that might be the case - but - I can find enough to make me happy enough with the iPhone.

feffertim 05-01-2011 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I think the IPod Touch is much better for books then IPOD. I can download all the free books from Amazon to read on the go and all the audio books to listen too. The IPod Touch has more features other then just music and books. You can download all the IPhone apps on it too, even the quilting apps. No monthly fees. If you are in a wi fi zone you have full internet use. I can check email or read this board, watch youtube, just it's on a small screen. I love my IpodTouch. I can record radio programs and listen to them when I want. I enjoy talk radio.

The reason i like my ipod nano is because it is so tiny (1'') so I can clip it on to my sweater while I'm working. I have a touch also, but use my nano more often.

feffertim 05-01-2011 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by lalaland

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper

I don't know, I emailed my son to ask him if I could do what you originally suggested. He's the technological sound one in our family!

All our children, and indeed our grandchildren are more savvy than us. LOL

rjmeditz 05-01-2011 11:59 AM

OMGosh...I use my Ipod when sewing all the time. Sometime I lesson to podcast and sometime my favorite music. fyi I'm way over 50 too! :))

kwendt 05-01-2011 11:59 AM

Great idea. Actually, on most cd players... you can use earbuds. The headphone out on most cd players, walkmans and the like are 1/8" jacks.

Just buying an ipod for books.... when you already have a CD player... well, you might not have to. It would save you a bunch of time and money.

OR...

If you already have the ipod, then check with the geeks at the applestore. They'll show you how to do whatever. Or ask anyone that's into audio/video/art... they tend to use mac products.