Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   irons--will the teflon bottom get glidier??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/irons-will-teflon-bottom-get-glidier-t121656.html)

barnbum 05-08-2011 05:17 AM

I iron made the other lights blink madly a few days ago, then last night it crackled and started smoking! :shock: It was a Shark that I've had less than 6 months I think--and the steam button stuck after having it a week. So...off to Wal-Mart to see what I can find.

I bought a Sunbeam Classic...and just used it but the bottom does not glide! The Shark had a stainless bottom I think and this is teflon??? Hate it!! Does it get better or am I returning it tomorrow for the $6 one??? :|

c1bendt 05-08-2011 05:32 AM

My teflon iron is the same way- does not glide. I have been using it for 6 months and it has not gotten any better.

cjomomma 05-08-2011 05:33 AM

I have a Rival with the teflon bottom and I never had a problem with it sticking. It was bought at Walmart.

barnbum 05-08-2011 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by c1bendt
My teflon iron is the same way- does not glide. I have been using it for 6 months and it has not gotten any better.

Thanks--I'll return it tomorrow. Ugh!!

barnbum 05-08-2011 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I have a Rival with the teflon bottom and I never had a problem with it sticking. It was bought at Walmart.

I saw that one there... but I want to stick to the stainless bottom--loved it on the Shark--didn't love much else about it though. :roll:

cjomomma 05-08-2011 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum

Originally Posted by cjomomma

I saw that one there... but I want to stick to the stainless bottom--loved it on the Shark--didn't love much else about it though. :roll:

I must tell you that I can't use the steamer because it just leaks all over the place. I don't blame you for wanting the stainless steal bottom, I would prefer that too but mine was given to me and it works great except for the steamer. LOL!!

bluteddi 05-08-2011 06:49 AM

I have a leaky SHARK too.... I contacted the manufacture( since I had already gotten rid of the box/recpt. They gave me a phone # to call to a repair center and an address to ship it too... that was the extent of their help ( I'd had it a couple of weeks) I won't buy another shark.... I love the stainless bottom. Shipping there and back plus be with a iron for weeks?? ( we do iron clothes here too) I decided to just leave poor review/feedback on their product, and customere service instead...I paid #70 bucks for this thing!!

Beebonnet 05-08-2011 07:01 AM

I'm on my third iron in about a year and a half. 2 Rowentas and now a cheapy off beat brand. The Rowentas started leaking like sieves. The last one just ran water all over. What a mess. They never did produce much steam, then just went to the leaking thing. I had a great old Rowenta for years before the bad ones. You took the reservoir off to fill it. I loved that iron, but it finally gave up the ghost. The new one has a stainless steel sole plate, it steams pretty good, does not have auto off, and is small and lightweight. It feels like the 20 dollars I paid, but at least it works. What is the matter with irons these days??

Beebonnet 05-08-2011 07:03 AM

I should add...At least it works, so far. Don't think I will pay over $50 ever again.

mexmmh43 05-08-2011 07:09 AM

Well you know the say in you get what you pay for. LOL seriously sometimes its better to pay a little bit more.