Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ISO sewing machine advise (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/iso-sewing-machine-advise-t154550.html)

quiltinggirl 09-21-2011 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rn8or
And the husq Viking is so cool too. I'll get a demo of them and BabyLock this week.

I have the Viking 875Q and LOVE it! :)

Digitizingqueen 09-21-2011 04:10 AM

Hoestly my advice is to test them all an find the one htat feels right to you - I love my Viking but have friends who love Jenome and others who love Bernina also I just test drove a babylock and love the stitch quality (saving for a lightweight machine for classes) they are all high quality and great to sew on - but buy one you would feel comfortble with

RonieM 09-21-2011 04:12 AM

I LOVE my Bernina 440QE.

judylg 09-21-2011 04:27 AM

I have had a quilters choice by baby lock for the last five years, I really like it, such an improvement over my older machine. Personally I would stay with Baby Lock, the biggest reason being the proximity to the dealer. I do not want to go out of town for machine servicing. It has all of the features I use.

michelehuston 09-21-2011 05:14 AM

Everyone is different, we all like and want different things from our machines so trying to give advise on this is rather difficult. On that note, I will say that my workhorse machine is my Viking Daisy. It is about 13 years old, very simple..but never once have I had a problem. I also bought a used Viking Designer 1 with many bells and whistles. And while I like it very much, I do not use it as much as I thought I would. Good luck on your search and the best advise is to just go 'test drive' the ones you may be interested in. :)

patchsamkim 09-21-2011 05:19 AM

Best for you to do is go to the different dealers and try out different machines and see what do what you want to do with the machine the best. I am a Bernina lover, but there are other good machines available too...you will be the one using the machine.

susie-susie-susie 09-21-2011 05:36 AM

I love my Janome. It wasn't cheap, but hasn't given me one day of trouble in the 10 years I've had it. It does everything I need it to do, and I love, love her. Only repairs I've ever had to do is routine stuff.
Sue

Quilter7x 09-21-2011 05:38 AM

There are many threads here on what kind of new machine to buy and loads of opinions! :lol: Since you're looking for a specific machine, do a search for that machine. There are several ladies here who have that machine.

Maia B 09-21-2011 06:22 AM

I have several machines, 7 brands, vintage and new, mechanical and computerized. Best is the new Bernina 820. Only drawback to the Bernina 440 is harp space. Baby Lock Quest Plus also fabulous, has a LOT for the $$$. Check out pattern.review.com. Good luck.

akrogirl 09-21-2011 07:06 AM

Just curious as to why you want to trade in your 2054? I bought a used one (upgraded to a 2056) to try out the IDT, my first Pfaff purchase, and I will never part with it.