Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Its almost Fair time!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-almost-fair-time-t227640.html)

#1piecemaker 08-10-2013 04:02 AM

Its almost Fair time!!!

It is almost time for our County and Four States Fair. I have been so busy with other things like gardening and canning that I haven't got a thing ready to enter in the fair this year. I've got to get busy!! Are any of you ready for the fair in your area? I am always anxious to see what everyone else is making. How many of you enjoy this time of year as much as I do?

Lovequilting22 08-10-2013 04:09 AM

We had a fair near by us in NJ (we live in PA), but we didn't go because I was too busy quilting! LOL. I'm brandy new at this quilting thing but I am really enjoying the results so far. We'll see after I'm don't with my present project....and I sure do love this time of year. Happy quilting! Have you been quilting a long time?

#1piecemaker 08-10-2013 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lovequilting22 (Post 6225893)
We had a fair near by us in NJ (we live in PA), but we didn't go because I was too busy quilting! LOL. I'm brandy new at this quilting thing but I am really enjoying the results so far. We'll see after I'm don't with my present project....and I sure do love this time of year. Happy quilting! Have you been quilting a long time?

I've been quilting about 8 years. My specialty is hand quilting. But, I am working hard at becoming prolific at machine quilting. Just got a longarm last year. Still learning on that thing.

mighty 08-10-2013 06:25 AM

Our fair is next month, looking forward to going. I have never entered anything, maybe someday.

Tartan 08-10-2013 08:30 AM

I always try to enter a few things in our fair but I missed it this year. :(I am already putting aside things for next year and will be there to pick up my forms early. Fairs are struggling in some areas and if we don't participate, we have no one to blame but ourselves if sewing events disappear in the fairs.

WTxRed 08-10-2013 08:33 AM

I'm entering 2 queen size appliqued quilts in our fair in about 3 weeks. And then again in a juried show in October (I think). Yes, I love this time of the year!

quiltingeileen 08-10-2013 08:38 AM

I love this time of year coming up! I have not been brave enough to enter anything in the fair yet. Maybe next year.

joyce blint 08-10-2013 09:24 AM

I'm going to our (Iowa) St Fair this week. I'm 64 and this'll be the first time I've gone. Two days at the Fair and 1 day school shopping w the gr daughter.

Nanny's dollface 08-10-2013 02:08 PM

Mighty,
where and when is the fair that you speak of? I live in Moreno Valley and would love to attend my first quilt fair.
thanks

QuiltingKrazy 08-10-2013 02:44 PM

This will be the first year I am NOT entering a quilt in the fair in about 5 years. We are leaving on vacation the day before you drop them off and wont be back until the day after pick up! I don't really have any thing ready anyway.