Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Saturday - What are you sewing today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-saturday-what-you-sewing-today-t146510.html)

JulieR 08-20-2011 09:53 AM

I am gearing up for a long afternoon in the sewing room, trying to work on a quilt for my niece that's been one discouraging mistake after another. But this project is important to me, so I WILL make progress today! I have four of the blocks ripped that need re-pieced, so that's my goal for this afternoon. I will tackle the rest of the blocks another time, for my sanity's sake. :)

What are you sewing today?

Ginaky 08-20-2011 09:55 AM

I wish I was sewing! I'm waiting for out of town family to arrive for visitation at the funeral home tonight for my mother-in-law. She passed away on Thursday. So our normal routine is "out of whack" for the next few days.

PaperPrincess 08-20-2011 09:55 AM

I sew in the dining room. We are having a dinner party next week, so I'm trying to find the dining room table. I know it's in there, somewhere!

sueisallaboutquilts 08-20-2011 09:55 AM

I've been having fun making those Ricky Tims flying geese!
Good thing b/c I need a lot of them for the quilt I made !! :D
I'm making them for a border.

cny_sewer39 08-20-2011 09:56 AM

I am going to work on my DSIL's Christmas Quilt. Also, I am going to put the label on the Winnie-the-Pooh Quilt that I am making for my friends son for Christmas. They have no idea that it is coming. It will be a WONDERFUL SURPRISE.

debra

auntpiggylpn 08-20-2011 09:59 AM

I have a Halloween wall hanging from a kit that I need to get made for my friend. He bought the kit in Florida and sent it to me to make for him so I need to get it done soon!!!

Jan in VA 08-20-2011 09:59 AM

"It's Saturday - What are you sewing today?"

My bottom to this comfy chair. :oops: :cry:

Got some unexpected/surprising/a-bit-shocking news yesterday afternoon and am finding it hard to focus, care, stay awake, plan, do. I'll share it later.

Jan in VA

BrendaK 08-20-2011 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ginaky
I wish I was sewing! I'm waiting for out of town family to arrive for visitation at the funeral home tonight for my mother-in-law. She passed away on Thursday. So our normal routine is "out of whack" for the next few days.

Sorry about lost. BrendaK

Gramie bj 08-20-2011 10:07 AM

hopefully will finish last 6 blocks for block swap, clean up sewing room, start, again, on a paper pieced UFO, only need about 1 hr work then maybe start working on my next quilt design, tone on tone in nuturals hope it works. Oh ya I almost forgot have to load a backing on the long arm. Top already on it , when I went to piece the back discovered I used part of it for another project so needed to rethink my back. need to have that quilt done in two weeks. so after blocks will load it and start the quilting.

nyelphaba 08-20-2011 10:07 AM

I am hoping to baste a small lap quilt this evening. I have to wait until after dinner and I clear the dining room table.